Thread: Posting Videos on Forum

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Posting Videos on Forum

I don't have a YouTube video account, and I really don't want to get one. However, there are times when I'd like to share a self-made video on the forum, and I can't think of a better solution.

How can I post a video I created on PF without creating my own YouTube account?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    No, I totally get video is too big to host here. I guess I can try putting it on Facebook and then seeing if it works here.

To answer your question: gun-related things on YouTube are the ghetto of the Internet, with a sparse handful of exceptions. I'd just rather not be lumped in that category.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FB will work, but not as well as YouTube. Why not just use YouTube and keep the video unlisted (or whatever they call it when you need to know the URL to access them). That way you get the ease of use when posting here without being an apparent part of the YouTube gun ghetto.
    @Chance This is the answer you're looking for. I have google photos as my backup/cloud, and they immediately transfer to unlisted youtube links IIRC that can be uploaded to PF.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

If you have a Google account of any sort, including an Android phone, you have a YouTube account. I believe you can make the postings private but still embed them on sites. (Or, you can have a boring YouTube page that no one visits, like I do. Which is mostly to host videos for the blog, which hardly anyone visits. Is this thing on? Is anyone out there?)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    If you have a Google account of any sort, including an Android phone, you have a YouTube account. I believe you can make the postings private but still embed them on sites. (Or, you can have a boring YouTube page that no one visits, like I do. Which is mostly to host videos for the blog, which hardly anyone visits. Is this thing on? Is anyone out there?)
    I didn't know I had a YT account until I checked the other day. I guess I had one whether I liked it or not lol.

Anyway, I wanted to upload a video the other day, and even myself, being the aging baby boomer that I am, managed to put it on YouTube and put the embedded link here on pf.

Thanks for the tip on the unlisted option, it didn't occur to me there'd be that selection. Not that anyone wants to go search for me shooting "The Test" in a 21 second video of my hands lol.

Get a YouTube account, set everything to private and just embed the links.

It's a hosting site, not an advertising networking site. No one is going to see anything if your settings are correct. If you're on Facebook you're already electronically linked to every moron on the planet already anyway.
    Last edited by Peally; 04-04-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List