Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Got to the range. This pistol is a winner. It has a natural grip angle which is conducive to quickly acquiring the dot. Recoil is mild. No stoppages. The trigger is very forgiving, and shots that would have been out with a Glock for me, were in with the Walther trigger. For those not heavily in the Glock platform, or that have a love/hate relationship with the Glock trigger, this pistol is a no brainer for an optics platform.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nice. The original PPQ is still my favorite striker gun (never tried the M2). The 320 is close, but the trigger on the PPQ is even more forgiving. It's an easy gun to shoot well. I REALLY wish they'd put a thumb safety on one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Got to the range. This pistol is a winner. It has a natural grip angle which is conducive to quickly acquiring the dot. Recoil is mild. No stoppages. The trigger is very forgiving, and shots that would have been out with a Glock for me, were in with the Walther trigger. For those not heavily in the Glock platform, or that have a love/hate relationship with the Glock trigger, this pistol is a no brainer for an optics platform.
    I shot one at a range a few months back and other than a lightened trigger (guy who owns it had a traumatic car accident that really reduced his hand strength), I'd say it was flawlessly cheating for me. Then I looked at the price tag (my dad shoots the PPQ) and I saw 4 digits... Wowzer!

That true at an LGS?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I gotta see it if comes with a thumb safety.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Nice. The original PPQ is still my favorite striker gun (never tried the M2). The 320 is close, but the trigger on the PPQ is even more forgiving. It's an easy gun to shoot well. I REALLY wish they'd put a thumb safety on one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Ah ha! Keep reading and my question was answered. Damn.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

How much for your G17 Gen4 MOS?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How much for your G17 Gen4 MOS?
    The Glock is still relevant.

How are the reloads? Tough German magwell? Now that COnis 140 mags I wanna come play in it a little
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    How are the reloads? Tough German magwell? Now that COnis 140 mags I wanna come play in it a little
    Had not practiced reloads dry fire with the Q5, prior to hitting the range today. On 4 Aces, I started at reloads in the 1.30's and finished in the 1.20's, so I think they will be fine with some practice. I think the OEM 15 round mags will be a bit faster to reload than the same ones with the Taran +5 extensions.

I was looking at a Glock 17 for CO but this gun may make me change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List