Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I know. But I have the RMR already. It’s probably gonna end up with a shield RDS on it since I have one of those as well. Just doesn’t come with a Shield plate.
    Shield would be mo better for gaming. There has been chatter about an improved Shield model for a while, but nothing has happened that I am aware of.

Guy ran a Shield through the TPC class last week, including on a day with crazy wind and blowing sand. He said the zero held but the dot appeared to move within the window. I didn’t see it, just repeating what he said. I heard Glock mounted a number of them on MOS demo guns and they haven’t broken yet. I love how low they sit and how you can use regular height sights as BUIS with them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    .... I heard Glock mounted a number of them on MOS demo guns and they haven’t broken yet. I love how low they sit and how you can use regular height sights as BUIS with them.
    They used a bunch of those at the Ohio Tactical Officers Association conference this year. AsianJedi was doing a 1 day red dot class and OTOA supplies holster and Glock supplies the guns/dots. Didn’t have any issues with them. That’s kinda what got me interested in the Shield.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Said screw it and ordered the Shield plate directly from Shield in the UK Sunday night. Got here Saturday afternoon. Went ahead and mounted it tonight. Still need to shoot this.

Name:  5763F6BB-282A-4BCC-99DC-C3A4B2885750.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  7FACF7BA-7CD6-4E83-BC51-AD62C92EF684.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  19.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

@GJM are you running stock recoil springs or have you come up with something better? I’ve seen some after market guide rods and the springco kit, but was just curious what you run.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    @GJM are you running stock recoil springs or have you come up with something better? I’ve seen some after market guide rods and the springco kit, but was just curious what you run.
    I always ran stock. For the latest thinking I would check Enos.

With my G34, I ran into light strikes with a reduced recoil spring, as the slide sometimes would end up slightly out of battery, and even gaming, I prioritize reliability.

With my G34, I ran into light strikes with a reduced recoil spring, as the slide sometimes would end up slightly out of battery, and even gaming, I prioritize reliability.
    Ok. Thanks. I’ve never been a springco fan, but I may play around with an SS guide rod and some different springs. I’ll head over to benos and look around.

Got the Shield sighted in Saturday. Shot the Q in a match tonight and really liked the Q/Shield combo. Won CO. Grand total of 113 FLAWLESS 😜 rds down the pike now.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Site Supporter

Out of curiosity, is the Q5 a fully tensioned striker? Would using a lighter recoil spring cause reliability issues to the same extent as if it were a Glock?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the Q5 a fully tensioned striker? Would using a lighter recoil spring cause reliability issues to the same extent as if it were a Glock?
    I would say it's not the fully tensioned striker that's important, but rather a question of whether a lighter recoil spring has enough power to reliably get the gun fully into battery every time; if it's out of battery when the trigger is pulled, you get no bang, after all. There's also the question of whether a lighter spring would result in battering the frame over time.

UPDATE: I found a helluva deal on some used Q5 stuff. A Springco guide rod was part of the deal. Put it in a week or so ago and have shot 2 matches with it. I definitely can tell a difference with dot tracking. Other than that, I have not changed a thing on this pistol and don’t plan on any other major changes. Don’t see a need for the APEX trigger I like the factory trigger.

Formerly known as xpd54.

How do you like that optic? I just put one a G19 today.

User Tag List