Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Seems like the SIG 320 optics ready designs similarly position the rear sight on the optic mount.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The pistol comes with an adjustable rear sight. However that goes away, when you pull the adapter piece with the rear sight and replace it with the DP Pro adapter place. USPSA CO (and Open) pistols are generally set up without BUIS.
    Interesting...so no real concern of optic failure?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Interesting...so no real concern of optic failure?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Not in USPSA. I use iron sights for EDC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Could you measure a trigger weight pull because everyone keeps telling me how it is over 5 lbs?

Do you plan to shoot the gun fast?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No comp, just a lightened slide. Hwansik Kim shoots this in CO and now in Production, in place of his Tanfo.
    Is that why you bought it?

I bought this pistol because of a happy confluence of a number of things. Bill Wilson has for years, and as recently as two weeks ago, told me how the PPQ is his favorite striker pistol. I really like USPSA Carry Optics division. I have a love/hate relationship with Glock pistols, that has gone on for years. Last week, YVK told me that there was this optics ready pistol, I had never heard of, that Hwansik literally took out of the box, bolted on a DP Pro, and in otherwise stock form nearly won the Nationals with. When I looked at the Q5, realized it came with an adjustable rear sight, which I am partial to in a game gun, and a system that would easily allow me to switch from that adjustable sight to the optic, it was a done deal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bought the Q5 last year and have shot it a lot. It comes with a very good adjustable rear sight and a fiber optic front sight. The rear sight is attached to a removable "plate". The gun also comes with three additional plates, one each for the Trijicon, Leupold and Docter red dot sights. Supposedly, the Viper will also fit on the Docter plate.

The PPQ and VP9 are my favorite striker fired handguns, so far at least. I had a PPQ M1, M2 FDE and planned on buying the standard 5" version. When I saw the Q5, which comes with three magazines as well as the adjustable rear sight and three red dot plates, I bought it instead of the regular 5" Q.

I like this handgun very much. Haven't put a red dot on it yet but may sometime down the road. The trigger is typical PPQ excellent although I find that the blue Q5 trigger is no better or worse than my other two Qs. To me, it is also easily the best looking polymer framed striker handgun out there.

I've bought a bunch of strikers in recent years. Some I kept while others have been sold to make way for new ones to try. The Q5 is in that "keeper" list for me. All in all an excellent example of a polymer striker.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

I miss the old mag release
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I miss the old mag release
    Agree.

I prefer the paddle release on my Walthers and the paddle release on my HKs. But, unfortunately the Q5 only comes with the button release as do most handguns sold in the U.S. And I doubt we will ever see a paddle release on the Q5. More's the pity.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

User Tag List