Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Something is definitely wrong. Can you detail strip the slide and take a look?

I'm interested in this as I'm contemplating a PPQ or a VP9 right now.
    If this is for me, see post #65 above.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Bunch of Q5 info and video here from today's range session comparing the dot to irons:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....773#post593773

The Q5 continues to grow on me. I have one with a DP Pro, one with iron sights, and a third with a DP Pro that arrives back from repair by Walther today, assuming the FedEx truck makes it. Will be interested in what was wrong with it.
    I directly compared a four inch PPQ to a VP9 yesterday at the range, and significantly prefer the PPQ. I like the button mag release, I can get higher on the PPQ, and far prefer the PPQ trigger, which has more initial take up but shorter reset.

What is more interesting, since I frequently like different stuff, is my wife's reaction to the Q5. She thinks pistols start and end with Glock. A week ago, she shot my Q5 with the DP Pro, back to back with her 34 with a Pro. On timed arrays, she was faster with the Q5, from the first string, and stayed that way for the session. Yesterday, she shot my Q5 with iron sights. These were her first five shots, fired off hand at 35 yards, at careful but faster than bullseye pace.

Name:  IMG_5728.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  52.8 KB

She went on to shoot it terrifically well at go fast speed. Then asked me when I was getting a Q5 for her.

Wife shoots 2" 35 yard groups. You own 3 PPQ's and she wants to know when you'll buy another.

This is how depression starts. Please, no more. I can't take it.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ... Then asked me when I was getting a Q5 for her.
    That's exactly how my wife got my Q5.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Wife shoots 2" 35 yard groups. You own 3 PPQ's and she wants to know when you'll buy another.

This is how depression starts. Please, no more. I can't take it.
    I'll buy my wife a damned PPQ if that's what it takes to get her to go to the range.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The Q5 that had the striker falling, came back from Walther today. Paperwork said it was dirty, they cleaned/lubed it, range checked it as OK, with no reference to parts changed. Pissed off, I charged back to the range, to try to replicate the problem. Figured I better do a bunch of draw one, reload, shoot one drills at 7 yards, since that is where the problem surfaced previously.

Could not replicate it, but then started to get into a groove. Had three .60 draws to an A zone hit at 7, then started working the draw/reload drill. Broke 2.0, then kept pushing, and ended up with this, which was far and away a PR -- .60 draw/1.10 reload, 1.70 total.

Name:  FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  43.1 KB

Then I started working four aces (draw and fire two, reload and fire two), and had this PR of 2.27 (.71 draw, .21, 1.13 load, .22 split).

Name:  FullSizeRender 4.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  75.4 KB

I shot some Gold Dot 124 and it grouped well and shot very close POI to my 124 Berry's reloads. The Q5 does not seem load sensitive in POI.

Discussed this with my wife, and she said they probably changed parts but didn't want to fess up, and have to read about it on the web. Otherwise, I can't imagine how some dirt would cause the striker to fall. Sure was happy how the session turned out.

Site Supporter
    Roughly, How many rds did you have through it "dirty"?

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Roughly, How many rds did you have through it "dirty"?
    1,000 - 1,500, although I ran a bore snake through and lubed. That is near over maintained by my standards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1,000 - 1,500, although I ran a bore snake through and lubed. That is near over maintained by my standards.
    Perhaps, Walther has a similar service interval as FN. [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

User Tag List