Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Your dog with ear/eyepro is maybe the cutest thing I'll see all day and I am about to go do postpartum rounds in Labor & Delivery.

My opinion is about as far from expert as possible but I personally wouldn't be comfortable carrying a glock with a - connector. Definitely prefer striker fired carry guns to have triggers in the 4.5-5.5lb range.
    Agreed, but I've never measured one of our many Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glocks with a minus trigger - under 5 lbs. The old name "3.5" connector was always bogus. They all weighed way more than advertised I think.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    A positive thumb safety would make it more irresistible to me.
    This 1911 dalliance is a slippery slope. First, you want a light trigger. Now, you want a thumb safety. What is next, a grip safety?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This 1911 dalliance is a slippery slope. First, you want a light trigger. Now, you want a thumb safety. What is next, a grip safety?
    Dalliance? It's more like a 2nd childhood (my 1980s).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Very odd thing happened.

I don't do many slide lock reloads with the Q5, and when I have, I have exclusively used the OEM 15 round magazines. Yesterday, I decided to check on Gabe's mini-fast, and when I did, happened to have two magazines on my belt, both Taran plus 2/3 extended base pads. When I went to insert the magazine, I had consistent problems, with the slide either not going fully into battery or giving me a dead trigger. I tested three Q5 pistols, two with an optic and one with with iron sights, all with the same result. As you can imagine, this was extremely frustrating.

Last night, I discussed this with Talionis, and the consensus was that the Q5 likely has a lighter recoil spring than the four inch PPQ, and that could be causing this problem. I went to the range this afternoon with a plan to verify that the PPQ four inch did not have this problem, then to pull the recoil spring from the PPQ four inch and try it in the Q5, and see if the problem went away.

I never got to step two, as the four inch PPQ was also having problems. By chance, I had one OEM 15 round magazine and one Taran +2/3 magazine with me, and had started with the Taran. For some reason, I decided to try the OEM 15 in the PPQ four inch, and the problem went away. I then pulled out three other Q5 pistols, all that were having problems yesterday, and they had no problem with the OEM 15. Something about the Taran extended magazine seems to be causing these problems. Now I wonder whether the dead trigger I was having a few months back, with a particular Q5, was really related to the Taran magazine extension?

Sounds like maybe the extra power spring that comes with the Taran extension is the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Sounds like maybe the extra power spring that comes with the Taran extension is the culprit?
    I don't believe the +2/3 uses an extra power spring, just the +4/5.

I continue to be extremely impressed with my Q5 pistols, both iron sights and with a Delta Point Pro. Not sure if it is something in the water or otherwise, but I have been shooting my fastest times on drills ever as a shooter with the Q5, and at the same time, performing with great consistency.

It has been rainy the past days, which got me shooting steel, using three, eight inch MGM steel challenge plates, that simulate half a plate rack. At ten yards, warmed up, I have been sub 1.50 seconds for three plates, and even at 25 yards, sub 2.0 seconds. At 10 yards, that works out to a .80 something draw, and high .20's splits. One shot draws at 10 yards, down into the .70's. (All warmed up, and with no pressure but my own, and from my Production rig.) These are box stock Q5 pistols.

Mallet or not, I really like the PPQ series.

Hammertime
    Did you say somewhere that Bill Wilson likes these as well??

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Did you say somewhere that Bill Wilson likes these as well??
    At least as of a few months back, the PPQ was Bill's favorite striker.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I continue to be extremely impressed with my Q5 pistols, both iron sights and with a Delta Point Pro. Not sure if it is something in the water or otherwise, but I have been shooting my fastest times on drills ever as a shooter with the Q5, and at the same time, performing with great consistency.

It has been rainy the past days, which got me shooting steel, using three, eight inch MGM steel challenge plates, that simulate half a plate rack. At ten yards, warmed up, I have been sub 1.50 seconds for three plates, and even at 25 yards, sub 2.0 seconds. At 10 yards, that works out to a .80 something draw, and high .20's splits. One shot draws at 10 yards, down into the .70's. (All warmed up, and with no pressure but my own, and from my Production rig.) These are box stock Q5 pistols.

Mallet or not, I really like the PPQ series.
    Dayim. Yeah I see your point.

User Tag List