Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: PPQ Q5

Here is a classifier from the match today. Fine match performance, 9.89 HF, but not good enough for a shot up classifier.

And a fun stage from today.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I think I'm seeing a new subspecies. Not top down. Not scoop. It's coming in from the side is it? Its fast as hell, that's for sure.
    I was just dry firing and took this picture of what my hand looks like as I make contact with the pistol.

Name:  99EBCE97-965B-4F38-93B5-0E804433E403.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  35.3 KB

Fascinating read, thanks for sharing this technique info GJM

ETA: for an AIWB draw do you also grab the gun from the side or from the top?
    Last edited by Balisong; 11-12-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Fascinating read, thanks for sharing this technique info GJM

ETA: for an AIWB draw do you also grab the gun from the side or from the top?
    Side, same collision where my thumb hits back of slide and slides down as I am hitting front strap and back strap. I want the rear strap to be smooth, as opposed to a Talon style decal, so my hand can slide into position.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Side, same collision where my thumb hits back of slide and slides down as I am hitting front strap and back strap. I want the rear strap to be smooth, as opposed to a Talon style decal, so my hand can slide into position.
    Cool thanks. I'm still pretty new to aiwb, and nowhere near the level of shooter you are, but I seem to come at the gun from slightly above. I'll start trying more from the side and see how that goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Cool thanks. I'm still pretty new to aiwb, and nowhere near the level of shooter you are, but I seem to come at the gun from slightly above. I'll start trying more from the side and see how that goes...
    I would defer to Gabe on the fine points of a fast, reliable AIWB draw.

Just finished a super fun two day match, this past weekend. Here was the last stage, that was pretty typical of the ten stages in the match.

I was very pleased with how I shot, but also incredibly humbled as I often am at larger matches, by how many really talented shooters there are out there. Competition really motivates me to train harder. No matter how hard you work on your own though, there is nothing like shooting someone else’s challenges, at the same time as a bunch of other motivated shooters, to provide benchmark data on where you are.

This thread is dead. Are they not popular? Shot one a couple weeks ago and like it. Trigger is phenomenal obviously. It’s a little flippy compared to like a Glock 34 or M&P 2.0. The grip texture sucks.

I’m seriously thinking about a Q5/Shield RMS for a straight gamer gun.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’m seriously thinking about a Q5/Shield RMS for a straight gamer gun.
    Q5 is ready to go right out of the box. Trigger is great, very accurate, very reliable. I find the grip a tad short, but that is remedied with 140mm magazines. I wish I could get reliably get more than 20 rounds in my magazines. Even with my issues, I would still go DP Pro for gaming, as long as you buy a spare.

User Tag List