Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wayne Dobbs Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Ellifritz just did a post relevant to this discussion about the necessity of pre-orientations
    That guy really seems to know what he's talking about. :-)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    That guy really seems to know what he's talking about. :-)
    Sorry I didn't give you credit. Glad you are checking in here

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    And so we come back to speed issues vs accuracy issues and what is most important. As an old guy, with a bit of training and operational experience, it's good to look back and see that we keep on looking for what Pat McNamara called "the blue pill". Not THAT blue pill, but the one that guarantees we'll be OK in a deadly encounter. Here it is. There's NOT ONE. I focus on tight accuracy at what are real world time requirements because it keeps on giving excellent results. Somebody asked if hits in an 8" circle are good. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. A threat target presented at a 90 degree angle will likely present much less than an 8" circle to you and many shots are sideways or oblique presentations.

The five to six inch circle is still an excellent zone to work on at speed and at any distance at which you may be called upon to perform. If you can make certain hits on this size target (or a 3x5 or a 4x6 card) at realistic speeds, you should do fine in an encounter as long as you don't go limbic/emotional/bananas. The training is there to build a neural pathway skill and to take it to an automatic level. That allows you to solve problems under stress and you don't have to be cognitive about your shooting performance. When you go apeshit or have to think about shooting tasks, you're more likely to have a poor performance.

And I still like the B8 with its 5.5" circle full count zone. It's almost exactly 1/2 the area of an 8" circle. That's significant to me.
    Outstanding information, as was Darryl's also. It was great how in the Q&A the paradigm shattering (re necessary precision) was evident.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    October 14/15 in Dallas with Lone Star Medics. Let me talk to Caleb to get registration up on one of our websites.
    This is going to be a medical and shooting problem solving class? Something I Need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    This is going to be a medical and shooting problem solving class? Something I Need.

It's a really good class, you should drive up.

Come for the training, stay for the cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's a really good class, you should drive up.

Come for the training, stay for the cigars.
    Working on the schedule for work.

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List