Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orion IWB/AIWB

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Orion IWB/AIWB

The dual attachment IWB/AIWB currently sold for the G17/34 and coming soon for the G19, P320, and P07/09 is going to be called the Orion. Took some time and the whole process of getting kinks worked out took longer but we're close.

We did a coupon code for $20 off when the Gadget came out, SOONISNOW, for the G17/34. This code will expire on the 5th, sometime in the AM.

If you were interested in the G19 model we will also run the same intro pricing offer when it's ready.

http://darkstargear.com/product/g34-aiwbiwb/
    http://darkstargear.com/product/g17-aiwbiwb/
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post

If you were interested in the G19 model we will also run the same intro pricing offer when it's ready.

http://darkstargear.com/product/g34-aiwbiwb/
    http://darkstargear.com/product/g17-aiwbiwb/
    For AIWB, you still recommend the G17 length, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
    For AIWB, you still recommend the G17 length, right?
    Yup. That said there are folk who don't need the benefits it may provide or the length just doesn't work anyway. People also like to carry 26's in 19 holsters as well so less grip requires less work by the AIWB features, if any at all. A 26 in a random straight drop IWB for a 19 probably works quite well.
    Dark Star Gear

Longer is better for AIWB.. right to the point that its to long.

Awesome design dude!!! really digging it.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

A G19 length is perfect for a 26 and has the benefit of not protruding as deeply as a G17 while still securing and concealing the firearm. So there is comfort to be gained.

That said, if one owns the trio of G26 / 19 / 17...then one has the option of simply owning one holster that will accommodate them all. This provides convenience and savings.

It all comes down to how one prioritizes...comfort, combos and/or cash.
    Last edited by blues; 04-10-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    A G19 length is perfect for a 26 and has the benefit of not protruding as deeply as a G17 while still securing and concealing the firearm. So there is comfort to be gained.

That said, if one owns the trio of G26 / 19 / 17...then one has the option of simply owning one holster that will accommodate them all. This provides convenience and savings.

It all comes down to how one prioritizes...comfort, combos and/or cash.

Hah, well i like having cash, but these holsters are just too slick to pass up. Ordered a 17 model for my 19... now i have room to grow my family with 17 and a 26... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
    Hah, well i like having cash, but these holsters are just too slick to pass up. Ordered a 17 model for my 19... now i have room to grow my family with 17 and a 26... >_>
    Yes you do. Wise choice, grasshopper. (Imho, of course. )

It's just so damned body dependent. I really don't jive with the G17 length for longer periods of time.

19 or 34 are good, but the 17 gets too pokey for me.

If you have more than just a G19, ie a 17 +/or 34, I suggest putting on a minimalist holster like a Vanguard and sit and watch tv for an hour or so or drive around with each length to see what really gets your groove on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    It's just so damned body dependent. I really don't jive with the G17 length for longer periods of time.

19 or 34 are good, but the 17 gets too pokey for me.

If you have more than just a G19, ie a 17 +/or 34, I suggest putting on a minimalist holster like a Vanguard and sit and watch tv for an hour or so or drive around with each length to see what really gets your groove on.
    That's what makes a G19 length holster especially nice for a G26 though I tolerate the longer G17 sized holsters pretty well by and large.
    Last edited by blues; 04-16-2017 at 07:55 AM.

G19 length will be on the site for ordering by the weekend.

We're gonna run the same $20 off promo when it's live.
    Dark Star Gear

User Tag List