Thread: P&S ModCast 83 Varg Freeborn On Primal Violence

P&S ModCast 83 Varg Freeborn On Primal Violence

Never heard of this guy before, but just after the first few seconds of him popping up in the P&S video on the TLG Memorial thread he sparked my interest.

Very unique background: civilian that grew up in a violent environment; experience in multiple confrontations; charged, convicted, sentenced, and served, only to later regain all his rights and move on to training in the LE world.

There's a lot of stuff brought up in here that I wish people talked about more, and this may be the first place I've seen it explicitly discussed in the civilian self-defense context:
    - Self control as the core of mindset
    - Everyday communication style and an indicator of fighting personality
    - Attachments as a source of stress
    - The influence and mutability of perspective

More material at http://www.violenceofmind.com/. I only looked at one other video so far, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear him talking about the role of exercising self control in the face of mundane everyday aggravations in shaping mindset.
    Last edited by GRV; 04-01-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Watched this when it first came out back in Feb. tons of good information and perspective. I found him to be very interesting as well and looking forward to a class with Varg next month.

One other video that stood out: criticizing the glorification of hyper vigilance in the self-defense community and emphasizing a relaxed approach to awareness. Another topic I've wanted to hear more about for a while.

The P&S podcast, while long, I think gives a good overview of the other material he's posted.

Podcast exceeded my expectations. Thanks for posting this.

User Tag List