Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Used M&P .45, What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A carry gun you sometimes have to secure in the car due to an NPE and a "car gun" are two completely different things.

A "car gun" denotes a gun left in the car full time "just in case" or because the owner is too lazy to carry. In my experience, a "car gun" is simply a pre-cursor to a "crime gun".
    Ah. No I would not have a gun strictly for being in a car 24/7. My usage of "car gun" is a gun that I carry when I can but will leave in the car if I have to.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Cool. I'll pitch out a few super lowball bids and see what comes of it. I did want a FS gun that would be good for ban states (especially Connecticut, where my family lives and where I still hold a valid CCW permit). Also wanted a good platform for launching .45ACP even if I plan to use it infrequently. M&P45s don't seem like a bad choice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    M&P45s don't seem like a bad choice at all.
    IMO, the M&P45 is a sweet shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    M&P 1.0/Classic is genuinely dirt freaking cheap across calibers. True bargain territory.
    Bud's had the 9c with the undesirable 10 round magazines and the undesirable mag safety NEW for $379.

Vending Machine Operator
    Cool. I'll pitch out a few super lowball bids and see what comes of it. I did want a FS gun that would be good for ban states (especially Connecticut, where my family lives and where I still hold a valid CCW permit). Also wanted a good platform for launching .45ACP even if I plan to use it infrequently. M&P45s don't seem like a bad choice at all.
    I've come fairly close to an M&P45 a few times just to have a modern poly .45 endorsed by people in the know. I know DocGKR speaks highly of them in his testing and they're generally agreed to be vetted. I don't know that any poly .45 has that much general approval other than the HK45 which you'll pay a lot more for.

I love the Beretta PX4 as well but I've literally never heard discussion of whether the .45 variant is as reliable/functional/durable as the .40 and 9 variants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I have two M&P 45s: one with the thumb safeties and one without. Both are very reliable and very accurate, unlike many of their 9mm siblings. Both will stay in the 10 ring of a B8 at 25 yards and will function SWC reloads. I've put Apex sears and firing pin safety plungers in both and they're great. I'd highly recommend one.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have two M&P 45s: one with the thumb safeties and one without. Both are very reliable and very accurate, unlike many of their 9mm siblings. Both will stay in the 10 ring of a B8 at 25 yards and will function SWC reloads. I've put Apex sears and firing pin safety plungers in both and they're great. I'd highly recommend one.
    Excellent - thanks for the recommendations all. After one-too-many post-call glasses of wine I woke up with a super lowball (but potentially winning) bid on an a used M&P45 w/NS. I guess I'll know more sooner than later :P

Vending Machine Operator
    That's genuinely about half of my Amazon purchase history.

Excellent - thanks for the recommendations all. After one-too-many post-call glasses of wine I woke up with a super lowball (but potentially winning) bid on an a used M&P45 w/NS. I guess I'll know more sooner than later :P
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    and will function SWC reloads
    Glad to know I am not the only one that considers this a feature...

Site Supporter
    I've looked at the M&P45s. You can get a pretty decent trigger on them...if it's the thumb safety version they're what I consider the closest thing to a plastic 1911.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List