Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Exploring Traditional IWB

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    ...Having said that AKJ is out of business. I'm not sure what's up with his patent on the attachment of front loop, but it would be a shame if another maker isn't able to keep this design available on the market. I think it could be adapted to kydex too. Maybe one of our resident makers could look into it or comment.

Attachment 15490
    Bianchi still offers their Model 120 Covert. (Cannot get an image to load...sorry.)
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 04-24-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Bianchi still offers their Model 120 Covert. (Cannot get an image to load...sorry.)
    It's close, but one of the best things about the AKJ is that there isn't a reinforcing band around the mouth of the holster. That difference in thickness made all the difference in comfort and concealment for my skinny ass. And the small reinforcement at the top of the slide worked well to keep the holster open when it was empty.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 04-24-2017 at 04:44 PM.

How are you liking the leather @breakingtime91 ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    How are you liking the leather @breakingtime91 ?

Comfort wise it's great. Still looks like a tumor on my side
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 04-28-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Comfort wise it's great. Still looks like a tumor on my side
    Yikes.

I've been thinking about trying out a leather IWB as well but I think the thickness of the leather will be too thick compared to a Kydex one

Big fan of the JMCK IWB v1, which I started using back in 2012 and ran for several years in various configurations for different guns (G19, G19+X300U, VP9, VP9+XC1, and VP9+APL). I like that the holster spreads the load wider on my belt and keeps as slim a profile as possible. Lately, though, I've been really enjoying his IWB v3 with 25° cant for comfort and concealability. While the profile of that holster is thicker with the loops mounted directly on the body, taking up less horizontal real estate on my belt is more comfortable.

Does AIWB have its benefits? Absolutely, and if I can lose ten pounds I would revisit that carry method, but with my body type I strongly prefer 3:30 carry.

User Tag List