Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back Pocket Speed Strip

6 shot speed strips loaded with 5 rounds carried in the watch pocket of jeans and back pocket of khakis

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The big issue I have with strips in the watch pocket is access under stress. I wear a 1.5" Bissel gunbelt and trying to wiggle my fingers between the belt and the watch pocket...well lets just say the movement required is less than optimal. (I look like Peewee Herman at the matinee.) I never thought about using the neoprene pocket mag carrier for the strips. I have a couple of those in the holster box and will certainly try that out. Only issue there is pocket space. Usually the strongside back pocket has the wallet, and the weakside carries the creds. I refuse to use one of those badge-wallet combos on the chance that I need the wallet but cant have the gun. There are times. Id love to find a way to carry a loader or two. I've played a bit with leather and still have a supply of 8oz in the workshop. I think its all been tried though. Someone (Uncle Mikes?) used to make a nice, discreet black cordura pouch for them. That was about as minimalist as Ive seen but would probably work as well as the phone case for the strips. Of course there is always the blaze orange bandolero...
    Last edited by entropy; 03-31-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    The big issue I have with strips in the watch pocket is access under stress. I wear a 1.5" Bissel gunbelt and trying to wiggle my fingers between the belt and the watch pocket...
    It may depend on the make of jeans/pants. I wear a heavy 1 3/4" belt, the top of the Carhartt watch pockets are a bit over a finger width below the belt. IF I wiggle my fingers into the watch pocket after getting my belt cinched, it helps free up the pocket access. The tabs stick straight up slightly out of the pocket and end below the belt. The Bean jeans are a little less room between the belt and pocket, but still not a hindrance to get to them.

Name:  watch pocket.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-31-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Some great ideas here. I wish I could figure out a way to carry a Safariland Comp or two...
    Safariland and Simply Rugged make speedloader holders that carry the loader so that three rounds are inside the belt and three out. Safariland's is called the Split Six. I used them a lot in the 90 s when I carried a GP100 off duty

The big issue I have with strips in the watch pocket is access under stress.
    Yeah, I've never had a lot of success with watch pocket reloads, hence why I've been looking for a better solution. I switched to a minimalist front pocket wallet years back, which is how I can get away with the speed strips where most everyone has their wallet.

I carry a Comp 1 in a Purdy Gear pocket speedloader carrier. Hides well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I managed to find time to try the mag-packer/speed strip thing out. Comfortable. Works well. Onlyone strip though...

User Tag List