Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been involved in a concealed carry shooting?

Has anyone been involved in a concealed carry shooting?

I have been reading through a lot of threads since I found PF recently and I am impressed with the quality of posts and the knowledge and experiences of those who post. I have visited plenty of forums and never felt the signal to noise ratio was worth asking a question I've had until now.

Has anyone here been involved in a concealed carry type shooting incident?

I know there are plenty of LEO and Military members that may have been involved in shootings as it relates to their job and maybe even some plain clothes assignments where a member was involved in a shooting. I am curious to find some true citizen concealed carry or regular off duty civilian clothes shooting incident info. I know Tom Givens is a member here and he has some good data on citizen concealed carrier shooting ( Tom if you would be willing to share it would be appreciated) Also if anyone knows of a firearms trainer/teacher or high level IDPA/USPSA competitor who was involved in a concealed carry shooting incident that is documented somewhere I would appreciate any info or link to a news story.

I have interviewed LEOs at my dept that were involved in on duty shootings and there are some places that have news stories or data on gun use where no shots were fired but I haven't found a decent source of concealed carrier shootings.

Thanks in advance.

We have had a guy or two pop in with their shooting experiences but I'm not aware of any regulars that have been involved in a strictly CCW related incident. I could easily be wrong though. I'd have to dig the threads up, I know they're around here somewhere.

ETA: I'm a derp, the very first sticky in this section is one of those threads.
    Last edited by Peally; 03-29-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Sticky on top of the section?

I saw the sticky on the home invasion. I am just looking for more if they are any or incidents outside the home or property. I'm curious about a few ideas related to these incidents and one in particular about drawing and engagement unlikely in most home invasion situations where a lot of people aren't carrying holstered. I am still interested in any citizen or concealed carry shooting though.

First off, welcome to PF.

I doubt that anyone with first-person experience will chime in due to liability issues, but you're welcome to ask. If they do respond, bear in mind that what was pertinent to them may not apply to you, so it could be most unwise to draw too many conclusions based on their experiences.

Why not just pose your questions and see what answers you get? Folks here have all kinds of experience in all kinds of things, and you may get some interesting perspectives.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I saw the sticky on the home invasion. I am just looking for more if they are any or incidents outside the home or property. I'm curious about a few ideas related to these incidents and one in particular about drawing and engagement unlikely in most home invasion situations where a lot of people aren't carrying holstered. I am still interested in any citizen or concealed carry shooting though.
    The best data set on civilian CCW type shootings is Tom Givens former Rangemaster students. Tom has had sixty some odd former students involved in shootings.

Tom is a member here but this article will provide an intro: https://americanhandgunner.com/when-...ns-fight-back/

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Why not just pose your questions and see what answers you get? Folks here have all kinds of experience in all kinds of things, and you may get some interesting perspectives.

This would be my advise. Ive been in CCW shooting but the war stories only get shared over booze not on the errornet, but I can try help as best I can.
    Last edited by BigT; 03-30-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

As stated above we have a pretty experienced member base here, most probably won't post this type of info on a public forum...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have not shot anybody, but I have taken a class instructed by BehindBlueI's called defensive pistol concepts. In the class we went through real robbery or violent attacks that involves citizens defending themselves. All the scenarios were investigated by BBI and took place in my local area. Sometimes the good guys won and some they lost and there are things to learn from both. The class teaches techniques to deal with non targeted violence with a concealed pistol amongst other things.

Is this the type of information you're looking for?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    BBI has a thread with some info here. Is there some particular piece of data you're looking for, or just for the sake of discussion?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List