Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 "G" Conversion...........

I ordered one and it dropped right into my 1975 Berben import 92F. Beretta did this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I have two kits that I'm eagerly awaiting installing. Probably gonna happen Friday, I can't get to it til then.....

As far as the aesthetics, some pics make them look really ugly, but once I actually got my hands on them, I don't think it'll look that bad. Either war, it'll be worth it, IMO
    Update:

Installed both of them last night, about 45 minutes total to do both, which I didn't think was bad at all as I made a conscious effort to proceed slow and careful. I didn't have to do any of the fitting that some have talked about on my two, one went into an Italian mfg 92FS and the other went into a USA mfg M9A1. Operation feels almost exactly like my factory G models.

In person, I don't think the right side is as ugly as it often looks in close up photos on the 'net. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the "normal" parts are, but to my eyes, in person it doesn't look like the huge ugly nob that some pics make it appear to be.

Going to the range today for testing, but I'm not expecting any surprises at all.

They were in stock so I ordered the kit for my M9A3. No rush to put it in...I can use my Sig MK25 for a decocker only gun. I bought a skeletonized hammer too...for free shipping and just in case I ever want faster lock time.

Has anyone had a G conversion lever fail to return to the fire position? One of my levers is acting sluggish and sometimes sticks in the decock position. A nudge gets it to spring back to fire, but it shouldn't stick in the first place.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Has anyone had a G conversion lever fail to return to the fire position? One of my levers is acting sluggish and sometimes sticks in the decock position. A nudge gets it to spring back to fire, but it shouldn't stick in the first place.

You may want to check the return spring. I have seen them bent during installation (I have done it a few times). It still works, but a little sluggish and will tend to stick a little.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    You may want to check the return spring. I have seen them bent during installation (I have done it a few times). It still works, but a little sluggish and will tend to stick a little.
    Thanks Ernest - any recommendations where best to source a replacement spring?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thanks Ernest - any recommendations where best to source a replacement spring?
    Shoot us an email and we will figure it out. sales@langdontactical.com
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Just picked up an M9A3 today. I love my LTT with trigger job, but found myself wanting some FDE Vertec goodness as well. I found it NIB locally at a pretty decent discount, so $46 from Brownells is a small price to pay to convert it to G. I watched 2 videos so far and don’t see anything technically that will be too daunting....I’m sure I’ll lose at least a spring and a detent (or I could use a bag...but that would make too much sense).

At any rate I’m looking forward to doing the conversion when the parts arrive. Otherwise I’ll just be looking to plink away this week to enjoy another Beretta!

Site Supporter
    Yes, I have exactly this problem with my LTT Elite. It started after the roll pin on the decock lever worked its way out during a practice session. I recovered all the parts, and reassembled everything when I got home. But ever since, the lever sticks in the decock position about 5% of the time. It’s annoying.

I wish I had known about the Beretta conversion. I didn't find out til I had already had mine converted by Wilson. It works great and it did away with the lever on the right side of the gun which is a good thing in my book.

User Tag List