Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 "G" Conversion...........

Beretta 92 "G" Conversion...........

I recently installed this on a couple of my 92s and thought I'd share a few detail shots, as I haven't seen very many on the web.

The parts were easy enough to install without any fitting required. If you've removed/installed a 92 lever before this won't hold any real surprises. There are a few good Youtube videos illustrating how to and I'd advise watching one before you jump in. Beretta kindly sends two of every spring and detent necessary, so you may be able to avoid hunting around on the kitchen floor, not that I've ever had to do that. The torsion spring that is the key part in eliminating the safety feature is strong and provides a positive decocking action, at least no problems have been encountered over the last five hundred rounds through one pistol. The off side lever is a bit more pronounced than the factory FS part it replaces, but it's not overly obtrusive. While it may not be as attractive aesthetically, that's a small price to pay for restoring the ambidextrous capability that was lost with the Wilson low-pro single sided levers I'd initially used. The parts seem to be of good quality and at $55.00 a unit (I bought two at a discount of $98.00 total) it's a cost effective alternative to the $150.00 modification offered by Wilson Combat. Once Beretta has concluded their military contract and the need for the questionable safety is no longer there, I'd like to see this become standard.

Last edited by Trooper224; 03-29-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

What that gun REALLY needs is a Pepperoni sight...

I put a set of those on my inox Vertec, probably the single biggest improvement I could've done. Fully agree with watching a few videos first before digging in if you have no prior experience (which I did'nt). Got mine installed on the first attempt with no real suprises. Well worth every penny. IMO, there are several advantages to these lever kits. 1. If you take your time, you should be able to get them installed in about 10-20minutes. 2. Right off the bat you save at least $100 plus shipping costs over what WC charges to do this. 3. Total installation time is about 20 minutes, and my pistol did'nt have to run the gaunlet getting shipped back and forth, it never left the house, and I had G levers installed in the pistol the same day they showed up in the mail.
    Last edited by ralph; 03-29-2017 at 05:51 PM.

I have two kits that I'm eagerly awaiting installing. Probably gonna happen Friday, I can't get to it til then.....

As far as the aesthetics, some pics make them look really ugly, but once I actually got my hands on them, I don't think it'll look that bad. Either war, it'll be worth it, IMO

Wish the kits weren't unobtanium...I always seem to miss the boat when I get the email notification showing back in stock. Irritating. Need one for my Centurion.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    I wish they had made these single side (left side) only kits. That right side lever is huge and obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    THANK YOU!!! Ordered!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I wish they had made these single side (left side) only kits. That right side lever is huge and obtrusive.
    That's the only way they could get the lever return spring in, and get the right lever to clear the slide. There was a discussion about this on the Beretta forum, and with the spring, crosspin, right side lever, there's no real way to shorten it up.I know, WC offers one and getting it installed will cost $150 plus shipping. For the $50 or so this kit costs, it does a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    That's the only way they could get the lever return spring in, and get the right lever to clear the slide. There was a discussion about this on the Beretta forum, and with the spring, crosspin, right side lever, there's no real way to shorten it up.I know, WC offers one and getting it installed will cost $150 plus shipping. For the $50 or so this kit costs, it does a pretty good job.
    Erik Stern and crew are aware... I think they're trying to figure it out... Baby steps?

User Tag List