Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 "G" Conversion...........

So...anybody put one of these in and have a dead DA trigger when putting the gun back together?

Decocker works as it should. Gun works from half-cock and SA, but not from full rest/decock...wondering if the detent on the right side of the gun is pressing down on the trigger bar...?

Double check your trigger bar spring.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    Double check your trigger bar spring.
    Don’t think so. Everything is normal when the slide is removed. Install slide and no DA again

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    So...anybody put one of these in and have a dead DA trigger when putting the gun back together?

Decocker works as it should. Gun works from half-cock and SA, but not from full rest/decock...wondering if the detent on the right side of the gun is pressing down on the trigger bar...?
    Are you sure you used the detents from the kit and didn't accidentally reinstall one of the original detents? They look similar but are actually slightly different sized.

Here's an AR15 posted reporting a similar problem after install with some pictures.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Are you sure you used the detents from the kit and didn't accidentally reinstall one of the original detents? They look similar but are actually slightly different sized.

Here's an AR15 posted reporting a similar problem after install with some pictures.
    That was the problem. The kit didn't have the small detent for the right side so I just used the detent that came out. The kit only had 2x of the large detents. Luckily I bought 2x kits (because I remember working on Beretta safeties before) and it had everything so I robbed one of those detents.

We all good now!

Thanks @JSGlock34!

Side note: can I install the G retrofit into a 90-Two?? I know the Dash has some unique features and did not know if I could... or if it needs a special G kit unique to the Dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Side note: can I install the G retrofit into a 90-Two?? I know the Dash has some unique features and did not know if I could... or if it needs a special G kit unique to the Dash.

The Dash has its own G conversion kit...Brownells used to stock it, but it appears out of stock...you also need a right side lever and spring.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...?sku=913100544

The Dash kit is certainly harder to find and more expensive than the current G kit. I’m not sure if the current conversion kit would work with the Dash - perhaps @e_stern can comment?

The 90-TWO was such a strange mix. When you think about it, it had all of the desirable M9A3 features nearly a decade before the A3 was introduced (Vertec slide with sight dovetails, convertible from FS to G, frame convertible from Vertec to standard backstrap), but strange aesthetic design choices, weird marketing, and poor execution of the frame doomed the pistol.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The name alone 90 Two vs 92 killed it .... how do you ask for it without confusion? Shit marketing of a decent gun.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The name alone 90 Two vs 92 killed it .... how do you ask for it without confusion? Shit marketing of a decent gun.

We will just say, it's not the first time.........
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I passed, due to being mid move, on a 92G Centurion on GB a few weeks back. It was a "parts gun" that needed barrel and fire control group. Looked like it had night sights and was in goo condition from what you could see. Went for about $125 plus shipping and transfer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Tag List