Thread: Glock 43X vs Glock 48 which do/did you choose and why?

Glock 43X vs Glock 48 which do/did you choose and why?

I just got in my new JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 and it is AWESOME!

It hides my G19 extremely well, even better than the George. The wing claw does an excellent job of tucking the grip in where it is slightly visible on the George. I also much prefer the PTD loops over the clip.

I wore it for a significant amount of time yesterday around the house and doing chores. However, I could definitely tell it was there due to the weight and the bulk and there was a belt line bulge (only visible in profile) that looked like something was there although not a gun.

I was wondering, if I had the same setup with a G43X or a G48 if it would be significantly improved based on several people who have posted here.

So I was thinking that I might take a run down the slim single stack rabbit trail before the G5 G19 upgrade rabbit trail.

Which single stack do you prefer and why?

Bonus question: Is it enough of a decrease in weight/bulk that it would be a noticeable improvement versus a G19 in carry "comfort" and belt line signature reduction?

48 as long as I am carrying with irons alone. Found no benefit of 43x in that configuration. Once I figure out what RDS to put on there, it'll probably be 43x.
    Belt line thickness signature is notably improved, but the length of grip effect is still there as compared to 43.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

43X, for the same reasons that I choose a 19X/G45 over a 17 or 34.
    Last edited by ST911; 07-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

G48 for me. Appreciate the extra sight radius, reduction in snappiness and the added boost in muzzle velocity from the longer barrel. The thinness is noticeable and appreciated. Much more comfortable to carry especially in the humid SE compared to a full size gun.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    G48 for me. Appreciate the extra sight radius, reduction in snappiness and the added boost in muzzle velocity from the longer barrel. The thinness is noticeable and appreciated. Much more comfortable to carry especially in the humid SE compared to a full size gun.
    Also being in the humid SE, that is something I am very interested in.

User Tag List