Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 "G" Conversion...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I wish I had known about the Beretta conversion. I didn't find out til I had already had mine converted by Wilson. It works great and it did away with the lever on the right side of the gun which is a good thing in my book.
    Why do you consider the elimination of an ambidextrous feature a good thing?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    In the case of 1911 guns the ambi presses against my hand and irritates my hand. On the 92FS I have placed the safety on by accident after reloading. That's why I had it converted to decocker only. The ambi lever is not needed on a decocker only gun, therefore I'd rather the lever not be on the gun.

The G conversion right side lever can be removed. The the 'barrel' portion needs to stay as it contains the spring but the lever portion can go. See a poster named WAL on the beretta forum

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    There are advantages to an ambidextrous safety that has to be switched to the fire position, but not when it is just a decocker. You decock when the fight is over and reaching over the slide with the other hand is not a big deal. If the Wilson G conversion cost the same as the factory G, and didn't need gunsmith modifications to fit, I'd chose it every day and twice on Sunday. And if wishes were fishes we'd all have nets. I think cutting off the rightside lever while leaving the barrel sticking out (necessary part of the design) is ugly and doesn't justify the effort. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    ...you decock when the fight is over and reaching over the slide with the other hand is not a big deal...
    We probably should train to decock before holstering. As well, some (many?) are training to decock before moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    We probably should train to decock before holstering. As well, some (many?) are training to decock before moving.
    Very good point. I've been making it a point to decock after every string of fire, whether it's 1 rd or 5 rds, etc. And before holstering again. And when I do a chamber check before holstering and heading out the door. But I've seen a lot of guys who don't really make a point of DA shooting, or actually carrying in a holster, and consequently they DON'T follow your very good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    For our first 15 yrs or so we always shot at an indoor range and we usually only loaded 10 in the mag. For the last 2 years I have been doing local competition and even had my wife try a couple of steel challenges. So, of course we always decock there because they demand it, but it is usually done by pulling the trigger on the empty gun. However, also for the last 2 years, we always decock before holstering or when taking a break for whatever reason. I do a LOT of practice of a draw and one shot w/ my B92 BB pistol and always decock just to keep me used to doing it so, hopefully, I won't forget when it might matter.

Always, always decock before holstering, holstering it cocked is how you get Glock foot.

Always decock before holstering AND hold your thumb on the hammer while holstering.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Shoot us an email and we will figure it out. sales@langdontactical.com
    Thanks for sorting me out. New spring installed; noticeably smoother operation and the lever has returned to fire every time.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List