Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Warning Shots May Be In For A Comeback

Police Warning Shots May Be In For A Comeback

Had the misfortune of having NPR on this afternoon and heard this little shit show....

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/520826...for-a-comeback

Who makes this stuff up?!?!?

Hahaha, no.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

As long as they hit the bad guy in the chest or CNS, I'm OK with it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Did I read that right. If the use of deadly force is justified an officer can now fire a warning shot to "de-escalte" the situation. WTF. I know I have no LEO training, but one would think that de-escalation should happen before the situation escalates to a deadly force one. Once we are the a threat of imminent death or serious injury more direct action is required. Do these moronic admin types understand that they are opening the door for more officer injury (people taking eyes off a threat to find a safe space to dump a round into) and more lawsuits. When one of those warning shots takes out little Johnny a block over somone is going to go after the city for a bad policy. How about DinDu Nuffins genetic material donors. "All your racist KKK member cop had to do was fire a warning shot like your policies allow and it would all have ended. This proves that your officer was out to kill some poor old misunderstood youth turning his life around..."

I don't see it happening, no matter how much NPR wrings its hands.

Site Supporter
    Heard this on NPR - total ignorance - talking about shooting suspects in the leg to "wound" - I guess NPR is unfamiliar with femoral artery bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Heard this on NPR - total ignorance - talking about shooting suspects in the leg to "wound" - I guess NPR is unfamiliar with femoral artery bleeds.
    I'd look into their financial dealings with the tourniquet industry.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I guess NPR is unfamiliar with femoral artery bleeds.

NPR is unfamiliar with virtually ALL of the real world...outside their cloud cuckoo land....let's not stop with femoral artery bleeds!
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

If you read the piece, it's almost all quotes from supposed experts, including Mas Ayoob and someone from the IACP. The part about shooting to wound was from someone identified as a police officer and trainer.

Mas gets the last quote:"If a danger ipso facto is that immediate, why are we taking our eyes off the threat and firing a warning shot?" he asks. "If deadly force is justified, deadly force should probably be applied."

I'm not seeing a lot of NPR angst here.
    Last edited by peterb; 03-28-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It looks like a pretty well balanced article to me, quoting Ayoob pretty extensively and delving in to the negatives as well.

We were "allowed" warning shots very briefly. I use quotes, because while the general order said we could under some pretty unique circumstances we were verbally told that that situation was going to be so rare as to never occur, and if you did fire a warning shot you got some 'splaining to do.

User Tag List