Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X concealment C series holster

X concealment C series holster

Looking for some reviews on the above holster, thinking of getting one for my G-19, I currently use a raven and it takes up alot of belt real estate.

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Looking for some reviews on the above holster, thinking of getting one for my G-19, I currently use a raven and it takes up alot of belt real estate.

Thanks
    Steve
    Are you dead set on OWB? Most of the time, I don't consider OWB suitable for real concealment.
    #RESIST

I have the mod 2 m series from x concealment. I'd say it's the lowest profile owb kydex holster you'll find. I have one for a walther ppq and you can actually conceal well with a looser shirt. Overall I like it for a owb holster, good quality.

If you look at their images on their site the C series appears to be as wide as or wider than a Phantom. The integrated wings are also an idea that doesn't carry over from leather as well and durability would be a top concern of mine. I've not seen an X-Concealment holster break but based on how others have cracked at the loop I'd be hard pressed to go with that style. Their M series might be smaller than the Phantom.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I obtained a "C" series X Concealment holster in about 2010, and carried a G19 in it daily for two years, including in some fairly demanding environments doing some "vigorous" work with it. I carried HKs for about 18 months until 2014ish, at which point I went back to the C series and G19. The holster broke at the top of the loop after Christmas last year, so, about 6 years out, with about 4.5-5 years of HARD use. I contacted X Concealment and they shipped me a replacement, no questions asked.

The C series conceals my G19 as well or better than any leather OWB I've ever used, while giving all the advantages (speed, ease of maintenance, etc) of kydex. It's by far my favorite holster for Glocks, and I have begged them to make the holster for other models besides the M&P (to no avail yet).

WRT suitability for concealed carry, it depends on your situation. Where I live, even in summer it's not abusive to wear a covering garment other than an extra smedium Underarmour tightfit t-shirt. I've never been "made" carrying behind the strong side hip in all the years I've been carrying - say 18+ years now.

Of course, I'm not a cool guy, and I don't AIWB, nor do I have any pistol with an RDS, so take my opinion for what it's worth. IWB will conceal marginally better, at the cost of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you dead set on OWB? Most of the time, I don't consider OWB suitable for real concealment.
    Really? Huh. Before switching to AIWB I did strong side OWB with various holsters similar to the one under discussion and effectively concealed CZ-75, 1911, P228, G19, and whatever else (switched carry guns fairly often back then. Because reasons). 'Course PNW = sweatshirt weather eight months out of the year, that helps.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Its a great holster, I wear one daily off duty with either G17 or G19 for last 4-5 years at least. Conceals really well and so far no cracks. I say buy with confidence great quality.

I have also heard good things about customer service if you have an issue.
    Last edited by sierra 223; 03-27-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Really? Huh. Before switching to AIWB I did strong side OWB with various holsters similar to the one under discussion and effectively concealed CZ-75, 1911, P228, G19, and whatever else (switched carry guns fairly often back then. Because reasons). 'Course PNW = sweatshirt weather eight months out of the year, that helps.
    In the South, I don't find OWB feasible for true concealment. Obviously, locale matters.
    #RESIST

I rotate between AIWB and OWB depending on my mode of dress. Probably gonna stick with my raven and JM holsters and just shoot more, when I can find the time. When i shoot IDPA i use the raven, but Lil L has it right in NC I find myself leaning toward AIWB for the warmer months.
    thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    In the South, I don't find OWB feasible for true concealment. Obviously, locale matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I rotate between AIWB and OWB depending on my mode of dress. Probably gonna stick with my raven and JM holsters and just shoot more, when I can find the time. When i shoot IDPA i use the raven, but Lil L has it right in NC I find myself leaning toward AIWB for the warmer months. thanks for the help.
    Another (western) NC member chiming in...While I like the look of the OWB holster I've found that AIWB makes the most sense (if not always the most comfort) for true concealment here throughout most of the year, especially given the very casual attire I wear daily. Obviously, during the cooler and colder periods there is much more leeway.

I haven't worn any of my OWB holsters here except during LEOSA qualifications and casual shooting on private property.
    Last edited by blues; 03-28-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List