Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P M2.0 range report.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I just watched the Bloovman video and he only had 1 line cut.
    At 3 yards.

The other guy has several videos up of dot torture, all at 3 yards, including a 2.0 video. He always says the shots should be in one hole, but they never are.
    Last edited by Glockman9mm; 03-29-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Ok, tried bench shooting the 2.0 at 25 yards last night and shot this group. Fired a full mag, one shot was just off bottom of paper. I shot one other 17 round group that was tighter across but strung more vertically- was letting the front sight dip too much in both cases. In more experienced hands or a ransom rest I'd think the groups would be acceptable. 124 grain blazer brass.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  51.7 KB

And for the heck of it here's one 5 shot group I did with my G19 carry gun and XS Big Dot sights standing, unsupported, 25 yards, Speer gold dot 124. Got 3 where they belong then things went wrong, my trigger finger, most likely.

Views: 932
Size:  50.8 KB
    Last edited by Glockman9mm; 03-29-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    At 3 yards.
    Dot torture is shot at 3 yards to start and you move out from there a yard at a time once you clean it.

You would be surprised how few people can shoot a clean dot torture at 3yards.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Does the M&P 2.0 extractor come out the same way as the old M&P extractor? I keep seeing photos of the 2.0 that look like it has a different pin running cross-wise (left to right) in the slide. Maybe I'm just seeing a shadow in the photos. I should have looked at one in the shop this weekend...
    The older 9's & 40's had a solid pin instead of a roll pin but it was still vertically oriented AFAIK. Honestly I never had to remove the extractor from any of my 7 M&P 1's.

Another thing about the 2.0 - At first the stipling was pretty aggressive, but I've found that after a hundred hours or so of handling between a few thousand rounds of live fire and 10-12 hours of dry fire practice, it really isn't that rough anymore and is quite comfortable even if you grip it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    The older 9's & 40's had a solid pin instead of a roll pin but it was still vertically oriented AFAIK. Honestly I never had to remove the extractor from any of my 7 M&P 1's.

Another thing about the 2.0 - At first the stipling was pretty aggressive, but I've found that after a hundred hours or so of handling between a few thousand rounds of live fire and 10-12 hours of dry fire practice, it really isn't that rough anymore and is quite comfortable even if you grip it hard.
    When I got mine before I went Full Daryll on it with sandpaper I decided to try just rubbing my thumb nail over it to maybe knock off some sharp corners. I'm only at about 300 rounds and a bit of dry fire but it is noticeably less aggressive already. I've been carrying it around the house AIWB and with an undershirt (which I always wear) it's been no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Dot torture is shot at 3 yards to start and you move out from there a yard at a time once you clean it.

You would be surprised how few people can shoot a clean dot torture at 3yards.
    I know, I can't either, having just started doing the drill. I just brought it up because, someone earlier said all my unsupported shots at ten yards should be in one hole. And these instructors weren't shooting exceptionally tight on the first 5 round slowfire dot at 3 yards.

I'm at about 2500 rounds through my 9mm 2.0 and started getting failures to extract about once every hundred rounds starting at around 2,000. It has happened four times with 3 different brands of ammo (P9HST2, Winchester White Box 124gr FMJ, 2x Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ).

I removed the roll pin to take the extractor out of the slide and cleaned it. It was pretty dirty, looked like something out of an AR-15 bolt carrier. I typically just use a solvent moistened pipe cleaner to clean the extractor claw without removing it, but I guess that isn't good enough on this gun. Hopefully the deep cleaning of the extractor and extractor channel in the slide solves the problem. This is third time I've cleaned the pistol since I was trying to do a 2000 round challenge out of the box, which it couldn't quite get through due to this problem.

Odd thing is my 1.0 M&P 40's never needed any kind of extractor cleaning aside from the routine pipe cleaner through the claw, I never detail stripped the extractor in 20k rounds through them and never had a problem. Hopefully this solves it on the 2.0.

On the upside the accuracy is fine (you can see my other threads where I compared it to another pistol in 25 yards slow fire). The trigger is OK but kind of meh. It's lighter than most 1.0's but it has a bit of a false break by comparison. Getting clean pulls in long distance rapid fire is considerably different than on the 1.0 imo. Granted, after 30-40k rounds on the old platform, there is bound to be an adjustment period for a marginally skilled shooter such as myself.
    Might be from all the excess oil the guns ship with, causing more crud buildup. I've had one Glock not pass the loose striker test after less than 500 rounds- needing the striker channel cleaned of brass shavings and crud. None of my others have ever failed the test.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, good to know. My 2010 M&P compact has developed some extraction issues -- I don't have a good round count, but probably 3000 -5000 rounds or so. I put the APEX FRE on it and it still has had some intermittent failures to extract, that I think are caused by crud. (It runs fine after a very thorough cleaning around the extractor.)
    It's a tough part to remove and clean on mine; the pin is really difficult to move. Hopefully the roll pin is easier to drive out.

I know, I can't either, having just started doing the drill. I just brought it up because, someone earlier said all my unsupported shots at ten yards should be in one hole. And these instructors weren't shooting exceptionally tight on the first 5 round slowfire dot at 3 yards.
    Dot Torture Pistol Drill With Push-Ups
    Found this online
    That is a real Dot Torture Pistol Drill

Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 03-29-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Ok, tried bench shooting the 2.0 at 25 yards last night and shot this group. Fired a full mag, one shot was just off bottom of paper. I shot one other 17 round group that was tighter across but strung more vertically- was letting the front sight dip too much in both cases. In more experienced hands or a ransom rest I'd think the groups would be acceptable. 124 grain blazer brass.

Views: 949
Size:  51.7 KB

And for the heck of it here's one 5 shot group I did with my G19 carry gun and XS Big Dot sights standing, unsupported, 25 yards, Speer gold dot 124. Got 3 where they belong then things went wrong, my trigger finger, most likely.

Views: 932
Size:  50.8 KB
    Glockman, re that group with the XS Big Dots, that's not bad and the high flyers might not be from your finger. Those are tough sights for longish precision insofar as groups. During the couple years I used them, I'd see the same; offhand or wrested across a pack on a bench.

If you are ever inclined, both AmeriGlo and Trijicon (their HD sights) provide a high vis front as easy to see as BDs, but in my experience a lot easier to shoot with consistent precision.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List