http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...ine-evaluation

.. I skipped the 3 yards and 5 yards and did it at
    7 Yards .. 10 Yards ... 15 Yards .. 20 yards & 25 Yards

The top 5 Rounds is 25 yards.
    Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  31.5 KB

The Tactical Professor’s “Baseline Evaluation”
    The Target is the same size as the Center Chest area of the ... VTAC Double Sided Tactical Target-
    Name:  VT_37_large.png
Views: 1187
Size:  72.4 KB

This is 10 rounds at 25 yards .. the 2 flyers are me and not the pistol.
    All shooting was done with 115 grain Walmart Federal Ammo.
    Name:  dd.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  43.0 KB
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 03-27-2017 at 03:08 PM.

*Stock M&P 2.0 9mm w/ 4.25" barrel
    *25 yards
    *Resting the grip of the pistol on the bench and with a normal, good 2 handed grip (I couldn't get my bag setup to feel any more stable)
    *10 round groups

PF has me looking at pistols, gear and my shooting more objectively for sure so I started the first rounds out of this pistol shooting at 25 yards. Again, not out of a ransom rest and I could definitely improve on my part. Just wanted to share this for what it is worth.

The target is a 3" paster on an 8.5x11 sheet of printer paper. Any holes with Sharpie on them were existing from a reused target. All ammo printed high for me.

Ole standby 115 gr. Winchester White Box. That Sharpie mark should have been a "X" showing that was already there, it looks like a "1".

124 gr. Blazer Brass

124 gr. American Eagle - 2 flyers felt weird, I'd call them shooter error.

147 gr. Speer Lawman

147 gr. American Eagle

Last edited by Adam; 03-27-2017 at 04:05 PM.

[QUOTE=HopetonBrown;582489]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post

Do as HCM suggested, as it's hard to tell group size by hand drawn circles. It also enables you to track your own progress, as you can score the target.

Also, invest in a shot timer. Because "somewhat slow fire" and "fairly rapid fire" are too general, and they don't give you any feedback on your shooting as well.

Got a link?

It was YouTube stuff. One channel is "guns, gear, and on target training, llc." Another was whatever channel the "Armed Dynamics" guy is on now. They kept their shots in the dots most of the time but not even close to one hole as you all were saying mine should be at ten yards. Never see any of them shoot groups at longer range- just steel.

I am going to print off some of these suggested targets and see how I do. I strive for improvement every shot.

It was YouTube stuff. One channel is "guns, gear, and on target training, llc." Another was whatever channel the "Armed Dynamics" guy is on now. They kept their shots in the dots most of the time but not even close to one hole as you all were saying mine should be at ten yards. Never see any of them shoot groups at longer range- just steel.

I am going to print off some of these suggested targets and see how I do. I strive for improvement every shot.
    Print off a bunch of these. You can do slow fire from 25 yards or do some faster shooting from 10 yards.

If you shoot at this from 10 yards, fire 10 shots and try to keep all of them in the 9/10 rings in under 10 seconds. This "Test" made popular by Larry Vickers.

https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....5&d=1486863321

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've printed off a crap load of these and am ready to get to work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I honestly was not trying to be a dick, it's hard to tell sometimes through text.

For reference, I can clear Dot Torture at 7 yards with a G26 and a G19 (consistently) so I'd be interested to see as well.
    That's pretty impressive. I went back and watched the videos I was talking about and they were doing it at 3 yards and had some shots out. I tried it way to fast last night at 5 yards with my G19. Kept everything in till I got to the one handed shooting, need big improvement there.

That's pretty impressive. I went back and watched the videos I was talking about and they were doing it at 3 yards and had some shots out. I tried it way to fast last night at 5 yards with my G19. Kept everything in till I got to the one handed shooting, need big improvement there.
    I just watched the Bloovman video and he only had 1 line cut.

I'm at about 2500 rounds through my 9mm 2.0 and started getting failures to extract about once every hundred rounds starting at around 2,000. It has happened four times with 3 different brands of ammo (P9HST2, Winchester White Box 124gr FMJ, 2x Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ).

I removed the roll pin to take the extractor out of the slide and cleaned it. It was pretty dirty, looked like something out of an AR-15 bolt carrier. I typically just use a solvent moistened pipe cleaner to clean the extractor claw without removing it, but I guess that isn't good enough on this gun. Hopefully the deep cleaning of the extractor and extractor channel in the slide solves the problem. This is third time I've cleaned the pistol since I was trying to do a 2000 round challenge out of the box, which it couldn't quite get through due to this problem.

Odd thing is my 1.0 M&P 40's never needed any kind of extractor cleaning aside from the routine pipe cleaner through the claw, I never detail stripped the extractor in 20k rounds through them and never had a problem. Hopefully this solves it on the 2.0.

On the upside the accuracy is fine (you can see my other threads where I compared it to another pistol in 25 yards slow fire). The trigger is OK but kind of meh. It's lighter than most 1.0's but it has a bit of a false break by comparison. Getting clean pulls in long distance rapid fire is considerably different than on the 1.0 imo. Granted, after 30-40k rounds on the old platform, there is bound to be an adjustment period for a marginally skilled shooter such as myself.
    Last edited by LSW; 03-28-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    Does the M&P 2.0 extractor come out the same way as the old M&P extractor? I keep seeing photos of the 2.0 that look like it has a different pin running cross-wise (left to right) in the slide. Maybe I'm just seeing a shadow in the photos. I should have looked at one in the shop this weekend...

The cross pin seems to appear only on pictures of the 5 inch pro versions that I have seen. Almost looks as if they use a differant loaded chamber indicator (similar in function to the springfield XD) than on the 4.25 inch duty version.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List