Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P M2.0 range report.

M&P M2.0 range report.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  52.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2328
Size:  52.5 KB

Both targets are at ten yards. Top is ten rounds of Speer 115gr lawman- somewhat slow fire, bottom target is a mag full of 124 HST's split up into 3 groups, fairly rapid fire. I've put 200 rounds through it now. Function has been flawless other than the fact that I can pull my shots left just as easy with this gun as any other :-). I like the new finish so far. Trigger is lighter than my Shield.

Overall everything on the gun looks great except for a (machining)groove on the breach face Half way between the firing pin hole and extractor. Not something I like to see but the gun works so don't think I want to mess with sending it back.

I'd be interested to see some 25 yd groups.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Not to be discouraging, but.. these kinds of "reports" are irrelevant to most shooters on this forum.

For example, a 10 yard group really should have one ragged hole from slow fire. So, to me this would mean the 2.0's accuracy stinks.

25 yards+ would be a much better indicator for mechanical accuracy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Not to be discouraging, but.. these kinds of "reports" are irrelevant to most shooters on this forum.

For example, a 10 yard group really should have one ragged hole from slow fire. So, to me this would mean the 2.0's accuracy stinks.

Not to pile on but the original M&P's were fine guns in 40 and 45. The Achilles heel of the 9mm versions was poor or inconsistent accuracy at distances of 15 yards and beyond. Most of the guns had one load they would shoot well, usually heavier bullets like 147 but produced 8" or bigger groups at 25 yards with most loads. A few people got lucky and got M&P 9's which shot fine but the randomness was an issue.

The question is has the 2.0 fixed the accuracy and inconsistency issues ? Some 25 yard groups from a rest would be a useful data point.

Personally I like the 2.0. I'm pretty well fixed for 9mms and I'm restricted to SIG and Glock at work but will likely buy a 2.0 when they are released in .45.

Never said I was the best shooter on the forum . I have a hard time focusing on a small bullseye and the front sight past 15 yards. And if I'm not focusing HARD on the front sight, my shots go left. Shooting a pistol from a rest doesn't work for me at all. So I just try to keep a good defensive range proficiency. Most days I can only keep one centered group at 25 yards with a pistol. Here is one attempt from yesterday with the 2.0 at 25 yards. Any tips are appreciated. Ammo is Speer lawman 115gr. 2 shots pulled left.

Having trouble posting for some reason the bottom target is the right direction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15115
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Glockman9mm; 03-27-2017 at 12:08 PM.

I have some 25 yard groups that I need to get put together and post pics of that might be moderately useful.

TLDR version of my recent experience: Resting the grip of the pistol on the bench and with a normal, good 2 handed grip (I couldn't get my bag setup to feel any more stable), 124 American Eagle FMJ shot 8 rounds in to 2" with 2 called fliers opening it up. Other tested 115, 124 and 147 gr ammo did not fare as well with 147 gr. Speer Lawman shooting minute of 8.5x11 sheet of paper at 25 yards.

I will post that stuff this evening if I get my act together. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled the the accuracy I was getting with those first couple types of ammo.
    Last edited by Adam; 03-27-2017 at 12:28 PM.

On my 10 yard shooting- I thought I was doing fairly well, after watching many videos of "instructors" 5 yard dot torture groups not being much tighter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockman9mm View Post
    Never said I was the best shooter on the forum . I have a hard time focusing on a small bullseye and the front sight past 15 yards. And if I'm not focusing HARD on the front sight, my shots go left. Shooting a pistol from a rest doesn't work for me at all. So I just try to keep a good defensive range proficiency. Most days I can only keep one centered group at 25 yards with a pistol. Here is one attempt from yesterday with the 2.0 at 25 yards. Any tips are appreciated. Ammo is Speer lawman 115gr. 2 shots pulled left.

Having trouble posting for some reason the bottom target is the right direction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15115
    I would have a hard time seeing a circle like that at 25 yards.

You may have better luck with a bullseye like the B8 - you can print your own here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748

Other targets you can print yourself here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ntable-Targets

If you are just checking accuracy rather than shooting for score you are looking for group size so I would suggest a 6 o'clock hold on the bullseye as it allows for better consistency.

Since I no longer have young eyes or 20/20 vision I find I shoot better groups on outdoor ranges.

Re: shooting from a rest, you will get better results resting your wrist or forearm rather than the gun or your hands.

[QUOTE=Glockman9mm;582207]

Do as HCM suggested, as it's hard to tell group size by hand drawn circles. It also enables you to track your own progress, as you can score the target.

Also, invest in a shot timer. Because "somewhat slow fire" and "fairly rapid fire" are too general, and they don't give you any feedback on your shooting as well.

On my 10 yard shooting- I thought I was doing fairly well, after watching many videos of "instructors" 5 yard dot torture groups not being much tighter.
    Got a link?
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 03-27-2017 at 12:57 PM.

I honestly was not trying to be a dick, it's hard to tell sometimes through text.

For reference, I can clear Dot Torture at 7 yards with a G26 and a G19 (consistently) so I'd be interested to see as well.

User Tag List