Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 year old suspended for playing with a stick gun

5 year old suspended for playing with a stick gun

A local mother is outraged after her 5-year-old daughter was suspended from school because of a stick that resembled a gun.

http://abc11.com/education/girl-5-su...k-gun/1823430/

RiDICKulous!!

Under current standards I'd probably have received a life sentence without possibility of parole before I was ten.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

At one field day in elementary school I remember us actually having school-organized watergun fights, with school provided waterguns.

Nuts.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-29-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    At one field day in elementary school I remember us actually having school-organized watergun fights, with school provided waterguns.

Nuts.
    Of course, I'm several years your senior but when I was a kid from the age of around 7 or so, we all had and carried pocketknives. Mine were first given to me by my maternal grandfather.

Carried 'em to school and everywhere else for that matter. Only Mrs. Bernhardt, my fifth grade teacher, chose to confiscate my Kamp-King and inform my mother that I was a ne'er-do-well juvenile delinquent.

Here's a quote I think many of you will appreciate from the book On Your Own In The Wilderness by Colonel Townsend Whelen and Bradford Angier (1958):

The most indispensable tool for a hunter or fisherman or camper, and in fact for any outdoor man and boy anywhere, is the knife-a businesslike knife, sharp and keen. Mrs. Whelen's aunt, who taught high school Latin for thirty years in Nebraska, had the right idea. She asked every class, "Which boys have a jackknife in their pocket?" The ones who had none did not rate very high with her.

Her philosophy was that if a boy did not have a knife and know how to use it, he was not likely to grow up able to do many things for himself...I have had a knife like this in my back pants pocket ever since I was knee-high to a chopping block.
    Common sense from the days when common sense actually seemed to be relatively common. It's a true indication of just how far we've fallen.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'd take her out for an ice cream sundae.

Lol. Kid with gun looking stick posing absolutely no threat to anyone gets suspended, but the retard throwing furniture around a classroom has to stay cause least restrictive environment. Go figure. And before you tell me that I'm comparing a small kid to a bigger one, understand that my son had a classmate in kindergarten that threw chairs and tipped over book shelves. Who is more of a threat to student safety???

You want kids to question authority? Because this is how you get kids to question authority...

Site Supporter
    So you have a kid playing make believe bodyguard to a make beleive king and queen. Where are the asssaults, threats and intimidation specified in the school's policy - I don't see it. All I see is rabid Hopolophobia.

Site Supporter
    It seems this girl has good protective instincts - is it too soon to refer here to a U.S. Secret Service recruiter ?

User Tag List