Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New duty pistol – SIG P320 Carry 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    A bunch of the early 320s were reported to be shooting high. Not only NOT 'drive the dot', but above the tip of the front blade at 25 yards high. I suspect the 8/6 combinations we're seeing now out of the factory are to remedy that. But that's only me guessing. I've not been told that from anyone at Sig. FWIW.
    Yes, that's how all 4 of mine were.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    A bunch of the early 320s were reported to be shooting high. Not only NOT 'drive the dot', but above the tip of the front blade at 25 yards high. I suspect the 8/6 combinations we're seeing now out of the factory are to remedy that. But that's only me guessing. I've not been told that from anyone at Sig. FWIW.
    My early 320C was that way. It needed a .40 cal front to lower POI.

Put 300 more rounds through the P320 yesterday which puts the total round court at 600. So far no malfunctions and the trigger and accuracy continue to impress me. My only complaint remains the oversized take down lever due to it rubbing my left thumb.

My agency received a box full of “updated magazines” from Sig and we turned in our old ones for these new versions. I’ve not heard anything about this change and I’m curious if someone knows the specifics. The base plates are very different but I’m unaware why Sig has made the changes.

Attachment 15837

Attachment 15838

Attachment 15839

Attachment 15840

Attachment 15841

Old magazine on the right which shipped with the pistol in Feb '17 - New version on the left.

Thanks for sharing that. I hope there isnt anything wrong with the "old" mags cuz I have about 20 of them in various sizes! It's also interesting that yours are made in Italy, I was under the impression the new ones were made in the USA. I have a mix of Italian and USA, most of them bought from QuanticoTactical.

ETA: I wonder if the new base plates just work nicer with the X5 magwell
    Last edited by Balisong; 04-22-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Wasn't there something about the P320 failing the FBI trials because the magazines self-disassembled? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, but I don't know if they did so while in the pistol or when released and dropped on the floor, or whether they came apart while in the pistol if the entire gun was dropped.
    Last edited by pblanc; 04-22-2017 at 11:38 AM.

The magazine swap is certainly interesting, especially given the lack of explanation. If it was an issue worth swapping them out over, you'd think it was also an issue worth pointing out so end users understand why its worth the hassle (if it'll get you kilt in da streetz to hold on to the old mags, then say so...).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    My only complaint remains the oversized take down lever due to it rubbing my left thumb.
    I always wonder why the takedown couldn't be on the opposite side. It's not like one needs to operate it from the firing grip.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The magazine swap is certainly interesting, especially given the lack of explanation. If it was an issue worth swapping them out over, you'd think it was also an issue worth pointing out so end users understand why its worth the hassle (if it'll get you kilt in da streetz to hold on to the old mags, then say so...).

I always wonder why the takedown couldn't be on the opposite side. It's not like one needs to operate it from the firing grip.
    That poorly thought out takedown lever makes the whole gun unshootable for me. Sigs refusal to reprofile the leading edge, or build a shroud/block out for it into the frame (like they did for the slide release) frustrates me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Put 300 more rounds through the P320 yesterday which puts the total round court at 600. So far no malfunctions and the trigger and accuracy continue to impress me. My only complaint remains the oversized take down lever due to it rubbing my left thumb.

My agency received a box full of “updated magazines” from Sig and we turned in our old ones for these new versions. I’ve not heard anything about this change and I’m curious if someone knows the specifics. The base plates are very different but I’m unaware why Sig has made the changes.

Attachment 15837

Attachment 15838

Attachment 15839

Attachment 15840

Attachment 15841

Old magazine on the right which shipped with the pistol in Feb '17 - New version on the left.
    Can you do a side by side of the mag guts if you still have an old one laying around? Be interesting to see what's different internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    That poorly thought out takedown lever makes the whole gun unshootable for me. Sigs refusal to reprofile the leading edge, or build a shroud/block out for it into the frame (like they did for the slide release) frustrates me to no end.
    It hasn't really bothered me, though I haven't done any 1000 rd/day type shooting with it.

How exactly is it bugging you?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    It hasn't really bothered me, though I haven't done any 1000 rd/day type shooting with it.

How exactly is it bugging you?
    I have medium/large hands and the first knuckle on my support thumb lands on the front edge of take down lever. My thumb's just too long to use the lever as a gas pedal, as some people have reported, and too short to set it completely infront of the lever. 150 rounds and I had a popped blister on that thumb knuckle. Womp womp

User Tag List