Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: Frank Proctor 1 Day Performance Pistol Cresson TX 21 Apr 2017

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the class.

I wonder if Spenser Keepers class, also here in DFW the same weekend, may have been a bit better for you. C'est la vie. But at least you had a good time and got something out of it.
    I did enjoy the class, and definitely got something out of it.

I'd have to say I was attracted to Frank's class from the positive AARs and how well the syllabus matched up with what I was looking for. Plus it was available and scheduled several months in advance. (Knowing about a course and it's location is key for my situation, obviously.)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Took Frank's two day class a couple of years ago. It ended up being a game changer for me in how I approach training/shooting. I agree that the class size was an issue, but Frank was working the line constantly back then, and the host was an experienced shooter who had taken the class multiple times and helped out. Maybe his recent health issues have slowed his roll a bit. Like you, the big takeaways for me were visual processing at speed, unlocking the elbows and staying relaxed for recoil absorbtion, and efficiency of movement. It also finally pushed me to try USPSA shooting, which I had been reluctant to do.

Took the one day myself in early 2016 in Alabama. While not 20 students, it was a larger class. There was one student who had taken the class before and was very familiar with the concepts/teachings and was a good shooter (who is now an instructor with Sage Dynamics), so that helped. I too had many similar takeaways that helped me, but have experienced more one on one interaction with other instructors/classes. Being a better shooter now than I was then, I would take the class again though to see if I got anything new/different out of it. The steel helps with accountability for sure...I think we used the sheet of paper at the very beginning and that was it, the rest was on steel.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Site Supporter
    I have heard nothing but good things about Frank Proctor's ability to teach/shoot. But I think 20 students is too large. I think there's still value, but you end up having to try and implement the concepts on your own rather than getting enough individual feedback to understand them before you leave. Maybe I've just been spoiled in classes where it's 5:1 with AIs and the less experienced AIs take the less experienced shooters and the main guy spends most of his time with the top shooters who will get the most value.

Rich,

I was in the same class with you and in my opinion, your AAR is 100% spot on.

And for what it's worth, I was behind you on a few of the drills and you shot that HK better than you give yourself credit for.

I've decided that I will be going to Proctor's home range next year for his 4-day course along with my two buddies/co-workers I attended this course with.

Thanks for taking the time to post this AAR. Again, spot on.

Regards.
    tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 05-18-2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Huked on foniks...

User Tag List