Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seen at the range

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Seen at the range

My local club range bans tannerite, tracers and AP ammo. Doesn't seem to matter to the nimrods, as the containers still show up in the trash bins.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 03-25-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes. Many a shooting spot has been closed because people treated them like a dump. It's a disgusting habit
    Sadly a portion of shooters are indeed the cliche shit head morons who bring their white trash housewares out and hose them down with their SKS, leaving them for others to pick up. Some people just suck unfortunately.

Several years back a guy was "sighting in" a rifle by shooting at a cardboard box he threw on the ground and was shooting at at a downward angle, creating a nice crater in the middle of the range. He left he box and the crater. Classy gent.

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, but that looks more like a dust pan than a frying pan.

Hit the range earlier, and the guy with the funky targets was there. Today he had a scaled version of his target array.

Towards the end of the session, he showed up in our bay, and wanted to show us his new blaster, that he had gotten after seeing us shoot the MOS. He had a brand new 34 MOS with a DP Pro (triangle, unfortunately), and wanted to talk triggers. Basically he couldn't hit crap with it. I zeroed it, then proceeded to do a Bill drill at 25 yards on an eight inch steel with his gat. Gave him some dry fire drills, told him I would put a 5.0 striker spring for him, and to otherwise leave it alone. Now he wants a Gadget.

Small world.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

When we arrived at the range today for a match, I saw the most unusual thing. Two guys shooting rifles, with a Jeep partially down range. They said it was to shield the chrono screens from the sun. I guess the Jeep must be paid for.

Name:  IMG_5447.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  44.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When we arrived at the range today for a match, I saw the most unusual thing. Two guys shooting rifles, with a Jeep partially down range. They said it was to shield the chrono screens from the sun. I guess the Jeep must be paid for.

Name:  IMG_5447.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  44.3 KB
    Well, at least it waasn't one of the shooters or a member of their family holding an umbrella to provide said shade. Nothing would surprise me these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I guess the Jeep must be paid for.
    The resolution of the image isn't the greatest, but I think that's a lifted XJ. So, manufactured sometime between 1984 and 2001. In my country they are fairly sought after by certain people and that keeps their prices up, but I'm guessing they are quite a bit cheaper over there. So, the owner of said vehicle might be willing to take risks they wouldn't take with a more expensive vehicle?

Edit: Oh, and it's a Just Empty Every Pocket. Perhaps the owner just said "fuck it, see if I care if the damn thing gets shot".
    Last edited by That Guy; 10-08-2023 at 01:35 AM.

Admittedly, I used to bring old hard drives to the range to shoot up. Disclaimer, I thoroughly cleaned up afterwards.

I even made a mocumercial about it. Bleachbit ain’t got nothing on me.

Porch Pirate shooting their ill-gotten gains not needed?

There used to be 4 or 5 gravel pits around here where a person could drive to, set up a target, and shoot for free. Most of those were on USFS, DNR or Timber company land. Then the garbage started piling up and the roads were gated on the property boundaries. One could walk in to some of them but most people won't walk 1/4 mile to shoot. I still know where there's a pit a person can drive to but the road is in poor shape. Not many vehicles could get in and out of there. I was in there a few years ago and somebody was keeping it cleaned up. All of the appliances and garbage had been removed and there was no brass or hulls on the ground. I suspect that was an effort to keep it open. Otherwise they just don't exist here even with 20 million of acres of public land in this state.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List