Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seen at the range

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    usually it was junkers so it didn't matter.
    Name:  Car.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  16.4 KB

This was at Butler County, probably in about 1980, might you have been there?
    This was back when Opel had been imported here by General Motors, shortly after the earth cooled...

Sounds like I’ve been lucky. I’ve had officers shoot under, around, and from cruisers and no one hit any of the vehicles.

Site Supporter
    I hate to say it.

I’d expect a car to be shot at a match. If you’re not okay with it getting shot - don’t put it on the range.

If it’s a nice car - it will definitely be shot.

My first carbine match they had a truck. Sight over bore issues and someone shot the bumper. I don’t remember the exact specifics but it was a bit mind bending how it happened.

By the time I got to the stage the truck was no longer there. I’ve shot out of cars on matches and not shot one yet.

I haven’t been DQ’d yet either. Shooting IDPA is slowing me down anyway to avoid FTN’s.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Sounds like I’ve been lucky. I’ve had officers shoot under, around, and from cruisers and no one hit any of the vehicles.
    Were they using older methods of resting on/bracing off the vehicle, or current daytime techniques which typically opt for shooting at a stand-off distance from the vehicle and reducing exposure?

Because with the latter, hits on the vehicle are sort of unavoidable among an aggregate population still in the learning process....and with people that are conducting refresher training, still something that's reasonably expected to happen even if infrequently.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List