Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 209: Tactical Conference 2017 Pistol Match Course of Fire

Victory! I was able to get a clean run within the time frame I thought I should be capable of, thanks again to p-f for existing and being a resource and outlet and thanks to Tom Givens for designing this - it's very well thought out and damn near impossible to "cheat" or "farm".

I still don't understand what my brain was doing at the 15 yard line the previous attempts, I was using a technique/grip/trigger motion that I simply didn't apply in any other shooting. Well A few reps of 3-6 shot strings with the left over ammo from my ammo ration helped me diagnose and solve the problem.

I'm happy with this score, the goal I had set was to get within 10 seconds of Mr. Whites lightning score, I squeaked it out, while I will be revisiting this drill, this drill whooped my ass and I need time to recover from the beating.

HK P30L LEM in a KSG Armory custom
    Raw time: 25.15
    Penalties: 0
    Total score: 25.15

Sorry about the glare, I didn't notice it when setting up.

Last edited by SsevenN; 04-14-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

I shot this last week and should've read the scoring first. I just tried to go fast and accrued tons of penalties. I shot it twice but forgot to record the times for the second one.

First attempt G19, jmck George from concealment.

T1 -1C
    T2 -3C
    26.48s +8s penalties= 34.48s

I need to learn to read. And also shoot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Shot this on 4/1 with my G19 (#2) first time out with the pistol. Holster was a DSG AIWB, and with a polo as concealment.
    Given range restrictions, had a smaller transition. Adjusted a bit by using a B8 target, assuming all hits within the black and within the width to bottom of paper were good. Any hits outside of paper counted as complete misses. Also had to use a 3rd B8 to simulate the T2 target for when kneeling to prevent rounds from hitting ceiling.
    String 1 – 5.73 seconds, down 1 headshot on the index card = 1 sec penalty
    String 2 – 4.83 + ??? seconds (shotmaxx on right hand). No points down here, but going to assume 6.00 seconds to switch hands and finish the WHO stage for sake of getting a score.
    String 3 – 9.97 sec

String 4 – 9.89 sec

Raw time = 36.42
    Penalties = 1.00
    Total Score = 37.42

Really struggled with the 1H and reloads. Lack of practice really showed itself here. Fun COF and a great way to wrap up a training session since it gave me a lot that I need to work on. Draws, reloads, SHO+WHO work, and finally not missing head shots.

Name:  Rangemaster DOTW.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  35.5 KB

Shot this on 4/15 at the NRA range after some dry and live fire since the first time attempting this.
    Given range restrictions, had a smaller transition. Adjusted a bit by using a B8 target, assuming all hits within the black and within the width to bottom of paper were good. Any hits outside of paper counted as complete misses. Also had to use a 3rd B8 to simulate the T2 target for when kneeling to prevent rounds from hitting ceiling.

Shot with G19 (#2). Holster was a JMCK AIWB, and with a polo as concealment.
    Raw time: 26.60
    Penalties: 6.00 (3x -1 down on body)
    Total Score: 32.60 seconds

String 1 – 4.66 seconds – shot this better but let a shot off high
    String 2 – 8.93 seconds. Ran this WHO first then SHO due to shotmaxx location, maybe a bit slower due to extra transitions. WHO was super weak, the SHO shooting was strong with 0.65 splits and 2X ring hits.
    String 3 – 5.78 seconds
    String 4 – 7.23 seconds

Raw time = 36.42
    Penalties = 1.00
    Total Score = 37.42
    Overall much more improved, but got a lot to work on, especially cutting down on misses. Will run this in ~2 weeks if I can to see how live and dry fire help in interim.

Name:  Rangemaster.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  28.8 KB

Wilson Brig-Tac
    Wilson low profile holster
    Time 27.47
    Penalties 3 seconds
    30.47 total score

Shot this on 4/23. Had to use B8s again, intent was to shoot in black for down 0, -2 if on paper.

G19 (#2) from JM AIWB, with a hoodie as cover
    Raw time: 20.78
    Penalties: 2x2 = 4
    Total Score: 24.78

Getting better with the G19. I tried to shoot only in the black, but had two slip out. Didn't call one of them so that frustrated me a bit. I also had to reshoot the first string b/c I forgot to record the time. The first run had 1 miss on T2 since I had the cards up too high, and as a result I hit the ceiling on the center hit on T1, and adjusted too low for T2.

Name:  TacCon T1.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  30.9 KBName:  TacCon T2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  27.0 KB

User Tag List