Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me decide on a pocket 380

Any suggestions for holsters for the Glock 42 that don't suck and ship quick-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I've only fired a couple of Walthers - a PPK and a PPK/S. They were reliable.

If I wanted a bigger .380, it'd be hard to look past a Beretta 80 series.
    I have a Browning BDA that was willed to me from an uncle a few years back and it's very similar to the Beretta 84. It's a fine gun and it seems reliable but it's not something I shoot much.

Site Supporter
    That BDA is a Beretta 80 series pistol, not just similar. They machined the slide profile without the barrel exposing top cut.

G42 holster: https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Concea...65Q?th=1&psc=1

The are some differences. The Browning has a slide mounted safer and the Beretta has a frame safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is rim lock a serious issue in the keltec P-32? I read that it was more common with JHP and using FMJ could solve it.
    With a .32acp/7.65mm Browning you are really limited to Ball Ammo because of rimlock & penetration. If you use the Euro Spec 73gr ammo that JB designed you won't have rim lock because the rounds are longer. They are also loaded hotter than the American downloaded 71gr offerings. The S&B is the hottest, followed by GECO & Fiocchi.
    The Kel-Tec gets mocked here, but I find it ironic that this is the gun that the insanely popular LCP is modeled after. I pretty admit most all KT's are utter crap, with the exception of the first and original- the P-32. With ball ammo, you don't give up too much to a .380 shooting ball IMO & according to the data that I have researched. I like the 8 round capacity and the low recoil & the last round hold open as well. The gun only weighs about 8.5oz loaded too. I also think that getting your P-32 chromed helps reliability some and since you will probably pocket carry it, it's good for corrosion.
    I front pocket carry my P-32's for Backpacking and long hikes in the Rockies where every ounce counts. It's a superb BUG for that. However, I use a S&W 342Ti for higher threat situation where I need a BUG.

I'm wondering about the Underwood Ammo. The .380 may through new bullet technology may now be the better round. Before, you had to rely on ball ammo to get the required penetration as the HP all went below the 12" FBI threshold. Now, if you have a .380 that is reliable with the Underwood/Leheigh Ammo, it might be a Game Changer. It seems to bump up a .380 to near 9x19 lethality levels. Maybe somebody here has some experience with this round in their .380.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 04-30-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Ruger may have plagiarized the Kel-Tec design somewhat, but the quality of construction is in no way comparable. A bunch of my fellow cops carried Kel-Tec's and they just don't stand up to much shooting and I'm seen several suffer major component failure. Their CS is really good at replacing them, though.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Ruger may have plagiarized the Kel-Tec design somewhat, but the quality of construction is in no way comparable. A bunch of my fellow cops carried Kel-Tec's and they just don't stand up to much shooting and I'm seen several suffer major component failure. Their CS is really good at replacing them, though.
    I've got the Gen I's from '98 that are factory chromed and they are reliable. The Gen II are different & I don't know about the QC. Pick up a new Ruger LCP II & pick up a KT P-32 and then stick either one in a pocket holster & then shoot one & you will see there is a pretty big difference carry wise and also in recoil and follow up shots.
    I guess I'm pretty much beating a dead horse here though, so I will cease & desist.

The Ruger LCP II came back from the factory friday. I fired it yesterday for a total of 35 rounds with 2 failure to feeds. I used 3 different types of ammunition. I called Ruger this morning they want me to send it back again. I'm hoping they'll just keep it at this point.

Help me decide on a pocket 380

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The Ruger LCP II came back from the factory friday. I fired it yesterday for a total of 35 rounds with 2 failure to feeds. I used 3 different types of ammunition. I called Ruger this morning they want me to send it back again. I'm hoping they'll just keep it at this point.
    Dude, that sucks. It's not really surprising to me though. Ruger, like Remington and some others seem to let early adopters do their R&D and QC. I wouldn't buy a Ruger product unless it had been out for 3-5 years.

My LCP gen2 is a pretty good little gun for what it is. I've never had a failure in around 1k rounds. Maybe trade your LCP2 in for one?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-01-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Dude, that sucks. It's not really surprising to me though. Ruger, like Remington and some others seem to let early adopters do their R&D and QC. I wouldn't buy a Ruger product unless it had been out for 3-5 years.

My LCP gen2 is a pretty good little gun for what it is. I've never had a failure in around 1k rounds. Maybe trade your LCP2 in for one?
    I'm going to keep sending it back until they either fix it well enough that I don't feel guilty selling it to someone else or until they decide it isn't worth their time any more and just write me a check for it. Either way I'm going to remember this and never buy another Ruger no matter how enticing it seems.

That said I have a Ruger 1911 that seems to run. I bought that used. I wonder if Rugers only work if they are used guns?
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 05-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.

They're aren't' ever going to write you a check, but I might just take that clunker off your hands. Tell you what, you make me a price on it - commensurate and consistent with your commentary about Ruger quality - and I might just take it off your hands ..... no guilt attached whatsoever.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 05-02-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List