Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I don't know about glass but should...

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    It might be worth noting that the entire attack at Westminster was over in 82 seconds.
    An average car can do a quarter mile in 16-17 seconds from a standstill. That's 70-80 feet per second, which looks incredibly fast when it's trying to kill you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Police are now saying the vehicle was moving upwards of 76 mph.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Police are now saying the vehicle was moving upwards of 76 mph.
    That is 111 feet per second. Not a lot of time to get out of the way let alone decide if the vehicle driven was being driven in a terrorist attack or by a confused old person or medical emergency situation.

Here's some thoughts on attempting to stop a vehicle that is engaging in a ramming attack: https://marcuswynne.wordpress.com/20...trucks-repost/

Nothing mind-blowing, but still good food for thought if you haven't pondered it before.

Thank you to all for the generosity of your time and comments. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Takeaways for me are confirmation that the first priority is getting out of the way. Even more convinced when considering the speed and lack of time available.

Thank you for the article Default.mp3. With my young ones leaving the nest and starting to have young ones of their own important for me to keep passing on what I've learned and help them develop their own plans. Plans for recognition and action are top priorities.

Thank you all again.

User Tag List