Thread: HK VP9 in a JRC appendix holster

HK VP9 in a JRC appendix holster

I wanted to post a quick review of my newly received JRC appendix CDAII holster for my VP9.

First of all, I am 6' 1", 225, in pretty good shape for a 40 year old, with an athletic build. this is important as everyone's body shape is different.

Over the last two days, I've been wearing the holster with the gun in the house, out of the house, in the car, and this morning - at the range. It surpasses all expectations.

a few key points to note:

1. I ordered the holster to be extra long so that it would fit an extended barrel VP9 Tactical model, therefore its approximately 1/2 inch longer than it needs to be for a standard gun. I am using it with the standard VP9 right now, and find the extra length to be of no hindrance, and potentially of actual benefit as it allows me to position the gun higher on the beltline for a better grip, without the gun being outward "tippy".
    2. I expected the holster to be most comfortable at the 1 or 2 o'clock position, but in actuality, so far, I find it to be ideal when positioned just to the right of the center line.
    3. The foam wedge does not seem to make any positive difference in concealment or comfort, so as of right now, its not attached to the holster.
    4. The sweat guard on the holster is tall enough so that the Trijicon HD rear sight, which many of us find to be quite sharp, is a non issue.
    5. For anyone concerned with perceived dangers of appendix carry, after shooting 100 rounds of individual presentations and holsterings this morning, and practicing the same movement in the house, in my opinion, its a non issue. The gun comes out of the holster with the muzzle pointed slightly outward, and goes back in the exact same way. At no point am I lasering myself when standing. It is a different issue when seated as the muzzle points downward between my legs. No, my femoral artery is not at risk, but my nuts are. However, with redundant mechanical safeties, and a fully covered trigger guard, i am not concerned with an unintentional discharge.
    6. I can comfortably and efficiently draw from a seated position - something I can't do well with an IWB or OWB 3 or 4 o'clock-positioned holster.
    7. After trying a variety of different belt types - from Ares to Wilderness - my old leather gun belt works the best. It does not need to be cinched very tight to carry the gun comfortably and securely.

Overall, i couldn't be happier. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions...

Name:  IMG_0744.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_24be.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_24c1.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  65.9 KB

Looks great JRC does great work love my JRC Watson special...

Gorgeous leather!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List