Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Which AR-15 5.56 magazines are best?

Necropost.

Anyone running the DD magazines? I’ve been running 6 for about a year now with no issues. They’re kept full of rounds and I just shoot them when/as needed. Otherwise I have Pmags (Gen 2 I believe) and have had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Necropost.

Anyone running the DD magazines? I’ve been running 6 for about a year now with no issues. They’re kept full of rounds and I just shoot them when/as needed. Otherwise I have Pmags (Gen 2 I believe) and have had no issues.
    I recently bought a dozen. I have limited experience running two of these magazines. No malfunctions in 223/5.56 and 300 Blackout so far. I have previously run Pmags (Gen 2 and Gen 3) exclusively.

I have one DD mag. I've used it as an arbitrary range mag and have never had a malfunction with it. I like it quite a lot in terms of texture, design, etc. Reminds me of the old Magpul Emags (wish I'd bought 100 of those). Currently I've transitioned back from GI aluminum with Magpul followers to Gen 2 PMAGS. I liked the idea of the aluminums withstanding stretching while left loaded, but after rendering a brand new GI mag useless dropping it from the gun during dry reload practice (It landed right on the front corner and deformed to the point that it wouldn't seat without resistance or drop free anymore), I decided I'd use the clips for loaded PMAGS and take my chances. Not to mention, I have previous negative experience with the GI mags sucking to use when they or my hands are wet/cold.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

OG Colt/Okay/NHMTG mags for the AR's and surplus commie war hammer mags for the AK's. These things smell like Cosmoline and bread lines when you get them but they clean up nice. I have some Pmags too. I like them ok for the AR's but I'm not a fan of the MOE Pmags for the AK. Pic for attention.

Attachment 23058

User Tag List