Thread: Tungsten weights for AR-15 buffers

Tungsten weights for AR-15 buffers

I feel silly starting a thread for something so small but I'm looking to buy three tungsten weights for AR-15 buffers. I have an H1 buffer and an SR15 buffer. With three weights I should be able to make both of them into H2 buffers (one for the H1 and two for the SR15). I would prefer not to have to buy whole buffer assemblies because they're not cheap and would leave me with extra buffers I don't want. Where can I buy three little tungsten buffer weights? Bonus points if shipping's free.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I feel silly starting a thread for something so small but I'm looking to buy three tungsten weights for AR-15 buffers. I have an H1 buffer and an SR15 buffer. With three weights I should be able to make both of them into H2 buffers (one for the H1 and two for the SR15). I would prefer not to have to buy whole buffer assemblies because they're not cheap and would leave me with extra buffers I don't want. Where can I buy three little tungsten buffer weights? Bonus points if shipping's free.
    Here ya go:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tungsten-Reco.../dp/B01N6BOH93
    Shoot more, post less...

I bought the Geissele ones from Brownells when they had free shipping. I prefer a known entity. I was surprised though and looked around for awhile to try and find a cheaper more commodity option for something fairly common.
    Last edited by ASH556; 01-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I bought the Geissele ones from Brownells when they had free shipping. I prefer a known entity. I was surprised though and looked around for awhile to try and find a cheaper more commodity option for something fairly common.
    Were you ever able to find a cheaper option from a known entity? $20 a weight makes it cheaper just to buy assembled buffers.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Were you ever able to find a cheaper option from a known entity? $20 a weight makes it cheaper just to buy assembled buffers.
    No and that’s why I ended up with the Geisseles. But an H2 is like $35. I guess you could buy one and break it down.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    No and that’s why I ended up with the Geisseles. But an H2 is like $35. I guess you could buy one and break it down.
    I've thought about getting an H3 and just stripping the weights. I'm not in any kind of hurry so if I run into a great deal on an H3 before I buy separate weights, I might just buy that.

User Tag List