Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fast and Friendly Brass is working on an auto drive for the Dillon Xl 650

Got a response on cost..... $2400 with 4 week lead. AYFKM?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Loose the powder check. That station is right in front of you when you run the press. Seat/crimp is something that drives me crazy trying to preserve plating/coatings.
    Agreed. I have never actually used a powder check and I am loading on a 1050. I think I still have one unopened in the bag .
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tempting to have an auto drive for the 650 but swaging or at least a swage sensor seems necessary.
    I'm looking hard at this swagger - http://swageit.com/swage-it-s650-for-small-primer/

Anyone using the Swage-It on a 650?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonder how hard it would be to put one together. That control box is $180ish, electric engine would be $200ish, build the base for next to nothing, few bearings, zirk fittings, little time at a friends house with a mill..
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Wonder how hard it would be to put one together. That control box is $180ish, electric engine would be $200ish, build the base for next to nothing, few bearings, zirk fittings, little time at a friends house with a mill..
    Let us know when you start taking orders. I'm not kidding, either. I'd love to have one, but not for $2400.

A Mark 7 1050 X was around $2500 a year ago. $2400 for analog 650 automation? I'm not seeing it.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    I'm looking hard at this swagger - http://swageit.com/swage-it-s650-for-small-primer/

Anyone using the Swage-It on a 650?
    I've got the 550 version if you want to try it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Agreed. I have never actually used a powder check and I am loading on a 1050. I think I still have one unopened in the bag .
    So if you were a #PoorFag with a 650, you'd buy a MBF (Mr Bullet Feeder) for the empty station on a 650 when not using a powder check?
    #RESIST

Exactly. I work in the automation industry, and part of my responsibility is sourcing material and collaborating with end users and engineers. This would be too much like my day job.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've got the 550 version if you want to try it.
    Appreciate the generous offer but my 550 was scooped up by a buddy already.

Does your 550 Swage It experience lead you to believe you'd like the 650 Swage It?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List