Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75B Omega trigger return spring: second breakage in new pistol

So, is the spring designed poorly or is there some sort of interference that wears on the spring and causes it to break prematurely.

I'm not familiar with the design of the pistol, just curious.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    So, is the spring designed poorly or is there some sort of interference that wears on the spring and causes it to break prematurely.

The TRS on CZ is something that needs to be replaced often. I usually replace it every 3K as a preventive measure along with a recoil spring. Usually when I finally clean the gun or before a major match. It costs $2 and takes no time to swap it. They say the new one on Shadow 2 is better one but who cares? Just swap it and be happy.

Replace it weekly and you should be ok.

(I used to break mine weekly...)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

(I used to break mine weekly...)
    This is how you make a GM
    Last edited by cheby; 03-24-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    For dry fire training have you tried a DA revolver?
    The only DA revolver I have is a J-frame, and I've not done a lot of dry fire with it. I've wanted a full size revolver for a while, but prior to the election, I was pretty focused on getting more autoloaders and hoarding mags. Hopefully I can add a service sized revolver this year.

The spring is a little coil with two arms sticking out and it is always under tension. The longer of the two legs protrudes forward and rides in a little groove in the frame. On this last spring, the long arm broke off pretty close to the coil. Here's a LINK to the image of and OEM spring at CZ Custom. I think that the design probably does contribute to the problem, but I'm mostly speculating as I know virtually nothing about such matters (except that these springs seem to break frequently).

Do snapcaps prevent breakages?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Do snapcaps prevent breakages?
    Nope. I've worn some out in this pistol.

The TRS is one of the weak points of the CZ design. Keeping it oiled will reduce friction and prolong life, but it will poop the sheets eventually no matter what. If you're going to run a CZ, best to have one gun as a dedicated trainer, so that when failure does happen it's only at the range.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The trigger return spring could care less if it's undergoing flexation from dry- or live-fire. Flexation is flexation; that's what causes the wear/metal fatigue and the spring giving up the ghost-at the point(s) of flexation. If you're loath to track you dryfire trigger iterations daily, do this: At least track your trigger pull iterations over one "average" session, and then use that as your calculation multiplier. Replace spring(s) accordingly.

If you're not sure what the replacement interval should be, call the manufacturer's Tech Support-they're usually quite helpful. Alternatively, I suggest every 2K pull iterations (very conservative) or every 5K iterations (pretty liberal). Some guns, (such as Glocks, HK) can go longer; as always, YMMV.

Or, as others have suggested, have one range/practice gun and one carry gun...

Best, Jon

When the oficial CZ team from Czech Republic came here to an IPSC tournament, I asked them about replacement intervals for TRS, slide stops, if they break them and how often, etc. and I got a angry stare back, like "our guns never break"...

User Tag List