Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What would you use if all you have is .22LR?

Site Supporter
    Claude Werner might be the best person to ask. He has tested .22 pocket pistols extensively.

If concealed carry is part of the purpose, then it is worth considering that a Crimson Trace LaserGrip is available for a Beretta 21. Claude has found that the feed lip design of the Taurus PLY-22 is particularly good at ensuring reliability with a wide variety of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    When faced with a .22 or Southnarc's dick, the .22 might very well be the better choice.
    I feel like there's a diameter/size joke in there but I'm not making it because he'll just beat me to death.

Possibly with his dick.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I was assuming that he was going to use the gun for defense purposes, against 2 legged creatures as well
    A few comments:

1) I have not shot any people with rimfire ammo, but shot lots of small game. That is my baseline, flawed though it may be.

2) Shot placement with .22 seems even more crucial than with other handgun rounds based on my small-game experience. In addition, it appears that while .22 is lethal, it has very little ability to end a conflict right now.

3) If the gun is not repeatedly accurate and reliable with high-velocity or hyper-velocity ammo, it is not useful, especially in light of 2). My experience with lots of both types of ammo has led me to conclude that high-velocity and hyper-velocity ammo does not allow the precision I require.
    Last edited by farscott; 03-24-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Extra style points awarded for going with the Beretta Model 70.

Last week, Grab-a-Gun listed M&P Compact .22s with threaded barrels for $309. That seemed pretty slick for a pretty neat modern equivalent of the classic M70.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    A few comments:
    1) I have not shot any people with rimfire ammo
    Neither have I, but I handled calls with people who took hits from .22s. The results were less than impressive.

I like your .218 barrel and Bullberry barrels in general. I've loaded my .223 for my TC from standard velocity down to low .22Mag veolcity with 55gr bullets.
    Last edited by Hambo; 03-24-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Neither have I, but I handled calls with people who took hits from .22s. The results were less than impressive.

I like your .218 barrel and Bullberry barrels in general. I've loaded my .223 for my TC from standard velocity down to low .22Mag veolcity with 55gr bullets.
    The only issue with the Mashburn Bee is finding brass for it. On occasion, I have bought a box of .22 Bee ammo to get brass. I had a K-Hornet that I foolishly traded.

If my was trying to fit 1000 rounds in said bug out bag I would go with mini mags and ruger sr22. At 200 rounds I wouldn't even consider sacrificing caliber for the minuscule weight savings.

User Tag List