Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you use if all you have is .22LR?

What would you use if all you have is .22LR?

I'd rather pack 200 rounds of 22lr in a bug out bag than 200 rounds of 45acp.

If the only caliber you have is 22lr for pistol /rifle, what would suggest? I'm opting for CCI Stingers.

Where are you bugging out to? Away from what? Is the stinger accurate in your guns? Do you have suppressors?

Southnarc is really the guy to ask about this.

I can appreciate the weight argument but if I was self-limiting to one cartridge it would something much more flexible than .22 LR. My $.02.

What are your perceived uses? Needs?

Since this is the autoloader forum, I would say the Ruger Mk series would get my first inspection.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Henry AR-7. Possibly with an addition. I'm going to go check something on it. BRB.

ETA: nevermind. realized it has a rail on the receiver, but it's non-standard size. was going to suggest keeping a small RDS to go with it (I have a spare Bushnell TRS-25) and you'd be good to go for some interesting fun.

ETA2: actually, I might be able to solve that problem too...
    Last edited by hufnagel; 03-22-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I have a couple bricks of Gemtechs 22 lr load, presumably made by CCI. I have a Ruger 22/45 with a Tac-Sol upper and a can.

This with the Gemtech 40gr subs. Quiet as a stapler and looks like a regular bull barrel which keeps a low profile and shorter OAL.

You asked about handgun or rifle, but since this is the pistol section...
    Last edited by El Cid; 03-22-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Browning Buck Mark Pistol/Rifle...

Something like El Cid posted if a rifle. If a handgun in .22, then my MKII Ruger, but I understand the MKIV is a lot more user friendly with takedown and may have some other refinements.
    Last edited by Willard; 03-22-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    I'd rather pack 200 rounds of 22lr in a bug out bag than 200 rounds of 45acp.

If the only caliber you have is 22lr for pistol /rifle, what would suggest? I'm opting for CCI Stingers.
    Stingers can cause issues in some guns. Perhaps slightly too exotic/spicy for reliability.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

A baseball bat.

User Tag List