Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Finally Broke Down And Bought A Glock 19

Banned

I Finally Broke Down And Bought A Glock 19

I know I've posted here about buying an M&P9 and a M&P9C because I like the idea of having one platform and only having one kind of ammunition and one kind of magazine to buy but in all my research I kept coming back to the idea that with the Glock 19 being almost exactly in the middle between the 9C and the 9 it really filled both slots. Especially since Colorado Law limits me to a 15 round magazine.

The 19 is big enough (IMO) to carry in public but small enough that I can carry it comfortably at home. It's also small enough that my wife can carry it and she can shoot it effectively.

And finally as an added bonus I can get OEM Glock magazines for about 10 dollars cheaper than M&P magazines.

I sold of my 9C to fund the purchase but I'm keeping the FS9.

Hard to beat the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I like the idea of having one platform and only having one kind of ammunition and one kind of magazine to buy.
    So, the question is, after you come to terms with selling the FS9, are you going to buy a G17 or G19?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    So, the question is, after you come to terms with selling the FS9, are you going to buy a G17 or G19?
    I'm going to end up with another G19, no point in buying a 17 in Colorado. I'm not selling the FS9 because I can't sell the 17 round Magazines and I'll take too much of a hit on price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Hard to beat the 19.
    It is a very balanced gun, one that has "enough" of everything...

I'm sensitive to the 15rnd limit being in NJ. If it matters, Glock is now making a 15rnd mag for the G17.

Excellent choice on the G19. I dabbled with a couple of M&P's and with an Apex sear and some polishing, the triggers became really really nice. Overall though, I never gelled with them.

First congrats on the 19, hope it's with you for along time. We had Glocks at work but I stayed with the model 10. Retired in April 15. Purchased my first one in October of that year a model 17, great shooter put ALG mount and Aimpoint on it what a shooter. So if 17 shoots this good a 34 has to shoot better, well maybe not. Like you, I like the idea of one platform so I then ordered a Wilson Combat AR-9, great rifle cheap to shoot and fun. This past January decided to purchase a 19, to round it all out. My USP 45c, now sits in the safe gathering dust. I need to stop drinking Glock Kool-Aide.
    Last edited by SD; 03-22-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm going to end up with another G19, no point in buying a 17 in Colorado. I'm not selling the FS9 because I can't sell the 17 round Magazines and I'll take too much of a hit on price.
    Sell it out of state. Advertise it here and elsewhere and if it's going out of state you're good, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Sell it out of state. Advertise it here and elsewhere and if it's going out of state you're good, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just moved from Colorado, after 23 years. As I understood the law, yes you are legal to sell and mail to, an out of state buyer.

Glock 19!?!?!? Haven't you been reading the threads? Those darn Glocks will get you killed on da streetz; or worse, you'll blow your nuts off!

(Says the proud (and thus far intact) owner of gadgeted G26, G19 and G17 models. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List