Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beretta M9A3 questions

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    It had rust from the factory?
    Yes...rust on just the threads of the barrel. Everything else was fine. Of the 3 the LGS had 2 were affected. Some motor oil and diligent work and they are perfect.
    It was the only defect on my gun fresh out of the box. One of the 3 had tooling marks visible on the slide. I would inspect a M9A3 personally before buying based on that
    sample of 3.

Vending Machine Operator
    Thanks for the answer. That is a little disturbing. My Italian Berettas have always had extremely good quality control. So does my one from Gallatin (Bobcat 21A). Hopefully just a minor teething issue as they get the new facility up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    Yes...rust on just the threads of the barrel. Everything else was fine. Of the 3 the LGS had 2 were affected. Some motor oil and diligent work and they are perfect.
    It was the only defect on my gun fresh out of the box. One of the 3 had tooling marks visible on the slide. I would inspect a M9A3 personally before buying based on that
    sample of 3.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Thanks for the answer. That is a little disturbing. My Italian Berettas have always had extremely good quality control. So does my one from Gallatin (Bobcat 21A). Hopefully just a minor teething issue as they get the new facility up to speed.
    The Italian 92A1 I handled at the LGS was very very nice. I was impressed by the fit and finish. I only found the rust by unscrewing the barrel cap...it felt rough and the threads
    were full of the rusty oil. After cleaning it was perfectly fine. I guess a sweaty hand or something in assembly. The gun was otherwise completely corrosion/defect free.
    The sights were also dead on. I would just check and have heard of some similar stories. One where a owner complained and Beretta made it right re tooling marks.

I think once the new place is up for awhile they will be fine...that being said the fit and finish on the Italian ones is very high...they are fine pistols!!!

Vending Machine Operator
    I hope your A3 does ya just fine, I imagine it will.

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    The Italian 92A1 I handled at the LGS was very very nice. I was impressed by the fit and finish. I only found the rust by unscrewing the barrel cap...it felt rough and the threads
    were full of the rusty oil. After cleaning it was perfectly fine. I guess a sweaty hand or something in assembly. The gun was otherwise completely corrosion/defect free.
    The sights were also dead on. I would just check and have heard of some similar stories. One where a owner complained and Beretta made it right re tooling marks.

I think once the new place is up for awhile they will be fine...that being said the fit and finish on the Italian ones is very high...they are fine pistols!!!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

My M9A3 had orange crap under the thread protector too. It looked more like a preservative than rust to me. At any rate, I wiped it off with a paper towel and that fixed it.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    My M9A3 had orange crap under the thread protector too. It looked more like a preservative than rust to me. At any rate, I wiped it off with a paper towel and that fixed it.
    That's what I found. It was rust. I work on machinery for a living and have seen it many times. The barrel and thread protector were fine after cleaning.

We are fortunate to have such nice guns!!! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

User Tag List