Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A3 questions

I have a quick question

Does anyone know if the M9A3/Vertec front dovetail will accommodate one of Wilsons front sights set for the 92A1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but I would bet the dovetail dimensions are identical. A quick call to Beretta USA in MD and they can tell you. I called today asking about the material the slide is made of on the M9A3. The guy pulled up a schematic drawing and told me it is not stainless. They have access to the drawings from which the parts are machined. If you are wondering why I called about the slide material it is because I watched a u-tube review of the M9A3 and the reviewer was complaining about the finish wearing off between the slide and frame. The wear pattern is on the surfaces that can't be seen when the pistol is assembled. He said his SIG and Glocks were not doing that. Non metallic (polymer) materials can be the same color thru the thickness. I don't know if that is the case with SIGs and Glocks but it could be. When any 2 metal surfaces slide over each other by design, the finish (coating, cerakote, bruniton) are all gonna wear off. You see it in the 92 Beretta on the barrel where it slides w/in the slide hood. Anyway, it should be expected that those sliding interfacing surfaces will wear off the finish. Normal maintenance will keep those surfaces lubricated to prevent rust. And again, until the TN facility gets up to full manufacturing capacity, there will be short supply of M9A3s.

Same dovetails and the M9A3 is good to go.
    Shoot more, post less...

One of mine i received had the front sight staked off center badly...

Also the Vertec feels nice, but the standard grip shoots sooo much better. And i have TINY hands (Think cadet size gloves) and prefer the full size grip. Even with the hogue its just not the same. Also lately after having many Beretta's the railed models balance soo much differently in the hand than the standard frames. YMMV

So you prefer the railed models? The extra forward weight inproves balance in your opinion? I only have a railed model (92A1) and even replaced the plastic guide rod with steel (adding some weight). I think the balance is great. I also like the thick grips on 92A1. But have not held a thinner grip model. I want to put an M9A3 in my hands and try it out

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Same dovetails and the M9A3 is good to go.
    Thanks man. Awesome news.

I find the three dot pattern waaaay to busy.

Now if Wilson combat just did international shipping hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want a vertec inox or inox brigadier to build up if we don't see the LT beretta (or maybe even if we do)

I already have a list of things in mind that I would do

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    One of mine i received had the front sight staked off center badly...

Also the Vertec feels nice, but the standard grip shoots sooo much better. And i have TINY hands (Think cadet size gloves) and prefer the full size grip. Even with the hogue its just not the same. Also lately after having many Beretta's the railed models balance soo much differently in the hand than the standard frames. YMMV
    I picked up an Inox Vertec a year or so ago and agree with the frame comments. My wife has a 1994 92FS and I prefer the full size frame as well over the Vertec. I wear a size L glove with stubby'ish fingers and the full size frame fits my hand perfectly. The Hogue wraparound for the Vertec sounds good in theory, but my guess is it will feel bulky. Once the black M9A3's show up, I'm hoping there is a black wraparound grip to try out.

I like the M9A3...mine was made in TN. It had rust on the barrel threads which I removed. The trigger is 4 pounds or some less
    and I can shoot it very accurately. I love the sights and the easy convertibility to decocker only. It is a wonderful pistol. If you like Beretta 92 series it is a must own gun. I actually laugh at it's color and love the FDE. It is a soft shooting accurate full size duty pistol that is wonderful in hand. I have big hands and really like the normal Beretta grips...but I shoot the vertec style very well...so I have never used the hogue grips. All of the finish on my gun is first rate...and worth the high price of admission. Just buy one and shoot it...it will speak for itself!!!

Vending Machine Operator
    It had rust from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
    I like the M9A3...mine was made in TN. It had rust on the barrel threads which I removed. The trigger is 4 pounds or some less
    and I can shoot it very accurately. I love the sights and the easy convertibility to decocker only. It is a wonderful pistol. If you like Beretta 92 series it is a must own gun. I actually laugh at it's color and love the FDE. It is a soft shooting accurate full size duty pistol that is wonderful in hand. I have big hands and really like the normal Beretta grips...but I shoot the vertec style very well...so I have never used the hogue grips. All of the finish on my gun is first rate...and worth the high price of admission. Just buy one and shoot it...it will speak for itself!!!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List