Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince me not to get a Shield in 45

Convince me not to get a Shield in 45

S&W is running rebates on the Shield series presumably because the 2.0 Shield guns will be coming out. My dilemma is whether to try and buy one of the 45 Shields now or put that money towards a Glock 43 or PPS M2 later.

Is it still a highly concealable gun like the 43? As far as shooting it, I haven't tried the Shield in 45 but have tried the Glock 36 and thought it was both easy and fun to use.

Site Supporter
    Sure - ammo costs more then 9x19. Long term expenses are more than a 9x19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a Shield in .45, but my 9mm Shield is bigger than my G43. I can also recommend the XDS45. I have the 3.3-in and 4-in versions and really like them for a compact, single stack .45. I think Springfield also has some rebates going on presently. Good luck with your choice.

Because 45 in a tiny gun makes zero sense. Buying ammo would make more sense but that's just me.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

1) Why do you care what we think?

2) Has listening to the voices inside your head ever gotten you into trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Convince me not to get a Shield in 45
    No!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ernest Langdon, when asked about 9mm versus 45cal: "I want to be the last guy to run out of ammo."
    9mm rules!
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I LUBS ME some fo-tay-fahv, but, putting those rounds in a tiny, lightweight just above pocket gun size package seems to make little sense to me. Recoil, I predict, will be "sporting" to say the least. For a "carry a lot, shoot a little" pistol, it might make some sense, but I doubt it'll get much range time...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    1) Why do you care what we think?
    Validation, same as every time these threads pop up
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I LUBS ME some fo-tay-fahv, but, putting those rounds in a tiny, lightweight just above pocket gun size package seems to make little sense to me. Recoil, I predict, will be "sporting" to say the least. For a "carry a lot, shoot a little" pistol, it might make some sense, but I doubt it'll get much range time...
    Recoil in the G36 at least was not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Ernest Langdon, when asked about 9mm versus 45cal: "I want to be the last guy to run out of ammo."
    9mm rules!
    Cody
    Capacity is still 6+1 and 7+1 so on par with the 9's just in a bigger package. The one thing I did not mention is that the 43 is this awkward 2 and 1/3 finger length grip which I like less than either a 2 finger or 3 finger grip. The 45 Shield with shortest mag gives me a decent 3 finger grip, my main concern with it is real world concealability.

User Tag List