Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Excellence From Sparks, NV

More Excellence From Sparks, NV

Placed an order with Tony almost exactly six weeks ago for a couple new holsters...one for my S&W 3" 686+ (.357 Magnum) and the other for a recently acquired G17 with a mounted Streamlight TLR-1 HL. (Thanks to SLG who informed me that Tony was making a rig for this setup.)

I could go through all the usual kudos but I'll suffice it to say that both holsters are excellent and feature the fit and finish we've come to expect from any product coming from JMCK.

Retention is awesome and the guns fit like a glove as you'd expect. The draw is smooth but requires a deliberate pull to overcome the retention, which I like personally.

The G17 holster tucks the grip quite well though I may end up putting a wedge or pad on for additional comfort. Since the revolver holster does not feature a claw, the grip is not tucked quite as snugly but I can remedy that (and add comfort) with a wedge as well. (It does ride pretty close to the torso nevertheless.)

The size and width of both holsters are perfect for the space between zipper and first tunnel loop on my 5.11s.

Thank you, Tony. I'm very pleased.

Name:  FullSizeRender (9) - Edited (1).jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (7) - Edited.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender (5).jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  71.2 KB
    Last edited by blues; 03-22-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

A couple of quick shots to show what the bottoms / sides of the holsters look like for those who may be curious about protrusions and such...

Name:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender - Edited.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  36.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Those look great. I've never tried them. May have to pony up. How tight can you make the retention on the revolver holster using that screw? I've been looking for something like that for the 2.5" k-frames I have.
    Last edited by newt; 03-23-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Those look great. I've never tried them. May have to pony up. How tight can you make the retention on the revolver holster using that screw? I've been looking for something like that for the 2.5" k-frames I have.
    It was pretty snug as delivered. I have to give it a positive yank to "break leather" (to use the old vernacular). That said, the draw is smooth and true.

If you cranked it down any further I think you'd risk hindering your draw but I imagine everyone has their own preference in that regard. The gun is not going to fall out of the holster if that's what your concern is, nor is it apt to come out if you take a tumble.

Blues,

Glad you like the light holster.

You kinda jumped the gun on us here, as Tony and I were going to debut the new light holster after Todd's shoot this weekend. I guess a few days early won't matter.

The light holster is a new design in holster making, afaik. It allows me to carry my TLR2 about as well as a gun with no light on it. More to come later.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Blues,

Glad you like the light holster.

You kinda jumped the gun on us here, as Tony and I were going to debut the new light holster after Todd's shoot this weekend. I guess a few days early won't matter.

The light holster is a new design in holster making, afaik. It allows me to carry my TLR2 about as well as a gun with no light on it. More to come later.
    Sorry, bro'. I mentioned to Tony that I might post up a few words but he never mentioned anything about a debut or forthcoming announcement. Sorry to steal any thunder but I'm sure whatever you guys present will be a lot better than the skeleton review I've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry, bro'. I mentioned to Tony that I might post up a few words but he never mentioned anything about a debut or forthcoming announcement. Sorry to steal any thunder but I'm sure whatever you guys present will be a lot better than the skeleton review I've posted.
    No worries. I've already sent Tony a care package...;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    No worries. I've already sent Tony a care package...;-)
    I just sent Tony a second note of thanks and an apology for unwittingly stealing any thunder.

Also, let me reiterate my thanks to you both for mentioning to me that the holster was available from Tony and the work you put into the project; as well as your contributions here and the more important ones that go un-discussed.

Nice pics and comments. I'm thinkin' I need one of those JMCK revo holsters

That wheel gun holster makes my trousers snug.

User Tag List