Thread: Beretta 92 - accidental G model

Beretta 92 - accidental G model

While trying out different Wilson safeties for by Vertec, I managed to lose the spring for the right side (viewed from the rear) safety plunger. The same plunger that disengages the trigger.
    I decided to reassemble the safety without the right side plunger. After reassembly, I noticed that the safety acts as a decocker only. Even when the safety is all the way down.
    Are there any major downsides to running a pistol in this configuration?

Thanks!

Does the safety lever stay down or does it spring back up? The plunger on the right side that you removed is pushed down when the lever is rotated, it pushes down on the trigger bar and prevents it from picking up the hammer hooks. If you removed the plunger then yes the trigger could be pulled and the hammer would cycle, however if the lever is rotated then the back end of the firing pin is not aligned with the front and it would not fire.

Don't use it, buy another spring or get the Beretta G conversion.

Agreed. Apologies for waste of bandwidth. The spring has been replaced and the safety/decocker is functioning as designed.

Andy, your timing is perfect. Beretta just released another batch of the G conversion kits on their website this afternoon.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Thank you for the heads up. I was actually subscribed to the notification as well. However, I decided to stay with the Wilson low pro safety in my Vertec and I will be installing one into my M9A3 to replace the G lever.
    I decided on this because the G levers stick way out. After some break in, the low pro safety is a little easier to manipulate and I am training myself to use it as a de cocker only and set it to fire after decocking the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Andy, your timing is perfect. Beretta just released another batch of the G conversion kits on their website this afternoon.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

I do understand, but am basically doing this with mine:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthrea...g+lever&page=6

I'm going to have a local gunsmith who was a machinist in a previous life cut down the right side safety lever for me.

Of course, that will turn the dang thing into a $150 safety conversion, just like Wilson Combat charges. But if one was handy with tools......

Just a heads up, but even with the safety lever cut, it will be sticking out a good distance from the slide. The G mechanism requires at least the cap with the roll pin secured on the right side.
    I wish there was a way to retrofit the G conversion with the Wilson low pro levers.

User Tag List