Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Problem?

I've seen the playing come off on high roundcount guns and guns where folks have got overzealous with a polishing tool. It does not effect function. If you want a replacement they are cheap or you can use the APEX replacement part which has no plating to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    They are cheap and easy to replace. If you are worried about it just replace it.
    This.

It makes sense to have 3-4 spare RSAs, plus 2-3 of every other spring in the gun, which should cost less than $50-60 and will keep you running for years. Glock parts often cost less than the shipping required to get them to your door, so this is a good time to buy any other variations that you want to try (connectors, trigger springs, mag catches, etc.). You won't need spares right away, but you will sooner or later. You can often put a deadlined Glock back on the air in minutes rather than days IF you have the parts.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    If you want a replacement they are cheap or you can use the APEX replacement part which has no plating to fall off.
    I've tried a couple of aftermarket variants of this part, and Apex is definitely the way to do. DO NOT buy the "titanium" ones with the gold surface, as they are actually quite soft and get chewed up pretty quickly.

Thanks for the replies everyone it just had me a little worried since I have never seen this happen on a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I've seen the playing come off on high roundcount guns and guns where folks have got overzealous with a polishing tool. It does not effect function. If you want a replacement they are cheap or you can use the APEX replacement part which has no plating to fall off.
    Is the APEX part stainless steel? It doesn't really say on the Apex website.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    It's fine. We covered this recently in the armorer section, IIRC. The teflon/nickel finish flakes off - it's not a concern, and Glock will tell you the same thing.
    It might be fine with Glock, but a plated part flaking almost immediately is at least a little dumb. Flakes of nickel roaming around in my gun are not awesome. If that surface of the part should be plated by design (which might not be the case -- they may just want the plating more for the sides, I guess) then they should figure out how to make it stick or how to make the part homogeneous.

I just took down my ~4K round G17, and the plating is intact. So this sometimes happens, either because of batch control on the plating process or because of variances in the interface with the connector (my connector is pretty snaggletoothed, so that seems less likely).

LORD these are shitty guns. That I'm carrying.

Thanks for getting me to take my Glock down, though, I had a round of 9BP in the chamber from the weekend. Could have got me killed on the streets if that little hollowpoint cavity got plugged with a nickel flake.

Not normal at 200 rounds. I would see if Glock would replace it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    Is the APEX part stainless steel? It doesn't really say on the Apex website.
    I believe it is stainless. At least I've never noticed rust on mine.

Already Called

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Not normal at 200 rounds. I would see if Glock would replace it.
    I already called Glock and they said it was perfectly normal just like another poster said. I'm going to shoot the hell out of it and it messes up glock will fix it.

User Tag List