Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 19 Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    I already called Glock and they said it was perfectly normal just like another poster said. I'm going to shoot the hell out of it and it messes up glock will fix it.
    Now that, ^^^^^, is Glock Perfection!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

NO KIDDING

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now that, ^^^^^, is Glock Perfection!
    I got different answers from different reps so who knows whats really going on. The first rep I spoke to today said its not normal and offered to send a part to a Glock armorer near me to fix. The second said it was normal but also offered the part. So I'm going to shoot it and if it breaks or I have problems I have the email from the technician saying its perfectly normal.

I got different answers from different reps so who knows whats really going on. The first rep I spoke to today said its not normal and offered to send a part to a Glock armorer near me to fix. The second said it was normal but also offered the part. So I'm going to shoot it and if it breaks or I have problems I have the email from the technician saying its perfectly normal.
    I think that's a prudent and low stress approach. It will also afford the opportunity to determine if there may be anything else you feel needs to be addressed without having to do so in piecemeal fashion.

Anyone who tells you plating flaking after 200 rounds is normal doesn't know what they're talking about. It may be harmless, it may be common in higher round count Glocks (I have yet to see it), but it is not indicative of good plating. I have done Aggressive polishing (600-3000 grit) to the striker safety and never had flaking like that.

I know there is a lot of "FIDO" thought here for such small matters, but the flaking could be indicative of a larger problem. I would either have Glock replace it or pick up the apex upgrade. Seeing as it is new, I would go with the first option.

Glock Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Anyone who tells you plating flaking after 200 rounds is normal doesn't know what they're talking about. It may be harmless, it may be common in higher round count Glocks (I have yet to see it), but it is not indicative of good plating. I have done Aggressive polishing (600-3000 grit) to the striker safety and never had flaking like that.

I know there is a lot of "FIDO" thought here for such small matters, but the flaking could be indicative of a larger problem. I would either have Glock replace it or pick up the apex upgrade. Seeing as it is new, I would go with the first option.
    I should have put in my post that Glock wouldn't send the part to me personally. I would have to contact a local Glock Armorer who would then have to contact Glock to order the part. In other words a lot of damn hoops just for a three dollar part. I truly believe its not a issue or they would want the gun back. I believe the offer of the part was merely just to make me happy. Like I've said before if the rep is wrong I have it in writing via email that he stated it was 100% normal. If a month from now and a few hundred rounds later I have my duty weapon fail me at a critical moment and I die from the firing pin safety becoming stuck then my wife and kids can file a big fat lawsuit and be set up for life. But I don't think its going to come to that lol. One thing I did notice with the Glock reps is sometimes they like to play dumb. When I asked the last rep that I had on the phone why I have received different answers to the same problem his response was " I understand wanting a 2nd opinion" I promptly got off the phone after that because I didn't to spell it out for him.

...When I asked the last rep that I had on the phone why I have received different answers to the same problem his response was " I understand wanting a 2nd opinion" I promptly got off the phone after that because I didn't to spell it out for him.
    Well, at least he didn't say "..."It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is..."

Well, at least he didn't say "..."It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is..."
    HAHA that would have been great. Have you experienced this yourself?

HAHA that would have been great. Have you experienced this yourself?
    Only as a world-weary citizen...

Contending that his statement that "there's nothing going on between us" had been truthful because he had no ongoing relationship with Lewinsky at the time he was questioned, Clinton said, "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ... If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".
    Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...f_Bill_Clinton
    Last edited by blues; 03-24-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Only as a world-weary citizen...
    Good old Bill I was 8 when this happened

Good old Bill I was 8 when this happened
    Don't rub it in. I was just beginning to like you.

User Tag List