Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suarez Internations Remington 870 Stakeout

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    What happens when you get your instruction from ... well, I have no idea what kind of person can be certified as an instructor and let that happen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Ouch!

At least the unintended orthodontics happened on the range and not when the gun was needed for a serious purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a $200 accessory that really improves these.

Attachment 15022
    Illegal in WA, alas.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I wanted a coach gun.

Saw the shockwave.

Wanted the shockwave.

Thought about the shockwave.

Back to wanting a coach gun.

Site Supporter
    I bought a PGO 870 18" barrel and put a raptor grip on. I haven't really played with it but I consider it a range toy; not for serious work. I do agree with Suarez's description- it's a short range battle axe. As in in too close.
    I really wish the ATF would drop the SBS, SBR and supressors. I would be on a 12" and a 14" 870 with a short stock like a fat kid on free donuts

Having seen the Clint Smith shockwave video as well as the Suarez stakeout one, I'm curious. How substantial an improvement is the Raptor style setup over the crappy 90 degree PG unit I know and dislike?

Being completely honest, I don't want it because I have some practical need for such a thing, it's on the list with that howdah pistol from DGW.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Having seen the Clint Smith shockwave video as well as the Suarez stakeout one, I'm curious. How substantial an improvement is the Raptor style setup over the crappy 90 degree PG unit I know and dislike?

Being completely honest, I don't want it because I have some practical need for such a thing, it's on the list with that howdah pistol from DGW.
    It is much better. Instead of straight back, it rolls more back and down. It also doesn't give the severe pain in my palm and wrist after firing 5 shots like the 90 degree grips have in the past. Still, it's not a gun I would run anything standard pressure through it. Low recoil is the best thing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    It is much better. Instead of straight back, it rolls more back and down. It also doesn't give the severe pain in my palm and wrist after firing 5 shots like the 90 degree grips have in the past. Still, it's not a gun I would run anything standard pressure through it. Low recoil is the best thing for it.

This. The more-vertical the grip, the more recoil is slammed into the web of the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    If you have access to a shotgun with a traditional shoulder stock without a pistol grip, try hip firing that. It might be slightly heavier but it will give you an idea. Full power buckshot is a handful, like I imagine any full power defensive/duty load would be. I agree with the above posters that the best accessory for serious work with one of these short barrel raptor grip guns is a tax stamp and a magpul stock. Without that it's just for fun, which is ok too.

User Tag List