Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suarez Internations Remington 870 Stakeout

A friend had one of those sometimes back in the early oos and I coveted it, because ... well it was back then. Bringing it up to eye level, I had little difficulty getting good hits out to 15 yards or so with 00 Buck. I knew one guy who could shoot skeet pretty well with one as well.

Because it was 870 based (maybe it applies to Mossberg's too, I just don't know), it would become sort of a semi auto when shot one handed as inertia overcame the slide. It's probably lousy for the mechanism but you wouldn't want to shoot more than three rounds that way before you started thinking you had bad tennis elbow.

I might just pick one up for old time sakes.

There is a $200 accessory that really improves these.

Name:  IMG_1672.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  72.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm a decent shot with lots of guns, but I can't hit shit with a pistol grip shotgun, specially in any kind of dynamic style of shooting, and at ranges > 8 yds or so.
    And while I'm sure somebody somewhere can do it, I bet it's a VERY small percentage of shooters.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have fired a shitgun configured like that.

And yes, I spelled it correctly. I could not hit shit with it.

I greatly prefer my 12.5" 870 SBS. If you want to go short, do it right and spend the money on an SBS.

This is definitely not me, but that is my shotgun. That's Dagga Boy (Darryl Bolke) holding the shotgun, and the excellent pic is from Voodoo Man. The firearm in question is enormously fun, and stupid-accurate with Brenneke slugs.

Attachment 15010
    Serious, you mind posting the particulars on that 870? Some I recognize, some not so much. Thanks.

The way the strap is attached on that Stakeout looks brutal on the support hand. I too will probably get a Shockwave just for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Serious, you mind posting the particulars on that 870? Some I recognize, some not so much. Thanks.
    Not a problem. Tomorrow I will take pictures from several angles, and post them with an explanation.

Some guns are just cool/fun to own and shoot. As long as folks understand that, spend money however they want.

I will confess there were times when I was doing a lot of vehicle surveillance in some sporty neighborhoods that I would have liked a Serbu to leave in my lap in case someone caught me off guard and got too close.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Bad ideas from the 80s are best left in the 80s.
    Don't be a hater. The '80s were cooler than you think.

I won't be buying a Suarez 870, but there is a 590 Shockwave in my future. When I get tired of the PG, I'll send in the forms and make it a SBS.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Not a problem. Tomorrow I will take pictures from several angles, and post them with an explanation.
    Mucho Gracias

Thanks for all the comments. The appeal has worn off.

User Tag List