Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Finally Broke Down And Bought A Glock 19

Vending Machine Operator
    I have far too many handguns, and the 19 is the one that has ended up being the home defense gun, the carry gun, the travel gun, really the everything gun. 15+1 of Gold Dot 124 +P will handle practically any task that could be asked of a handgun, and it doesn't hurt that it's light, simple, accurate, and reliable.

Beretta is my passion, but Glock is my Leatherman multitool.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Tools that work are generally well appreciated. The 19 is the least favorite of my Glocks, but I understand it. Especially if you are in a "one gun" situation.

Site Supporter
    They have a tendency to multiply. I am up to six owned and one issued...

I just wish Glocks were easier to work on. Have to use a punch to take it apart. And then, 3 pins have to be pushed out. 3 WHOLE pins!!!!

15 seconds is just too much to ask.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I work for an agency that issues the M&P9, and has done so since 2006. Prior to that it was the S&W 3rd gen guns. I had started carrying a Gen3 Glock 19 off-duty in 1999. When the M&P9c came about, I hoped to be able to retire my off-duty Glock 19. Just didn't work out for me.

About three years ago, I finally retired my off-duty Glock 19. I replaced it with a Gen4 Glock 19. The Gen4 guns bring a few minor things to the table that I prefer over the Gen3 guns. For me, The Glock 19 is the perfect size to do just about everything well enough.

Keep in mind that I am not a huge Glock fan. I have been actively looking for a different gun to replace my Glock 19. And after 18 years, I'm still looking... I figure if in another 2 years, I can't find something that works better for me, I'll stop looking and commit to Glock...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    I just moved from Colorado, after 23 years. As I understood the law, yes you are legal to sell and mail to, an out of state buyer.
    I'll still take a bath on the price because there's not the demand. The M&P is a good gun and it costs me nothing to keep it. It's unlikely that I'll choose to carry it over the Glock but I just don't see myself selling it.

ETA: It's also worth mentioning that I already have what I would consider a lifetime supply of magazines (15) for the M&P so I'm not going to have to stock up on those. My goal is 30 for the Glock
    Last edited by Cypher; 03-22-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glock 19!?!?!? Haven't you been reading the threads? Those darn Glocks will get you killed on da streetz; or worse, you'll blow your nuts off!

(Says the proud (and thus far intact) owner of gadgeted G26, G19 and G17 models. )
    No! They will just make you shoot left.

It's not my lack of skill! It's the Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    No! They will just make you shoot left.

It's not my lack of skill! It's the Glock!
    I'm not too proud to admit I recently drifted the rear sights of my G19 and G26 to the right.

My G17 required no such adjustment. Whether it's just me, my aging eyes, disobedient trigger finger or whatnot, drifting seems to have (at least temporarily) solved the issue. Time will tell if the adjustment will remain.

(In my defense, they were drifted following the installation of new Trijicon HDs and the removal of the OEM sights. So obviously the fault lies with the installer. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not too proud to admit I recently drifted the rear sights of my G19 and G26 to the right.

My G17 required no such adjustment. Whether it's just me, my aging eyes, disobedient trigger finger or whatnot, drifting seems to have (at least temporarily) solved the issue. Time will tell if the adjustment will remain.

(In my defense, they were drifted following the installation of new Trijicon HDs and the removal of the OEM sights. So obviously the fault lies with the installer. )
    lol

I didn't have any issues with the Glock 17 I shot in the academy. In fact I was the 2nd best shooter, and only lost out due to a seriously flubbed reload. I might have hit the mag well during the reload, thus sending my magazine flying to my left. Instead of employing common sense and using the other mag in my pouch, I hopped to the side with my gun pointed down range, picked the magazine up, reloaded and went rapid fire with the results you can imagine.

Now the Glock 19, I shoot left. Which is frustrating, because in theory the Glock 19 should be the perfect gun for me, especially now that we have the gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    lol

I didn't have any issues with the Glock 17 I shot in the academy. In fact I was the 2nd best shooter, and only lost out due to a seriously flubbed reload. I might have hit the mag well during the reload, thus sending my magazine flying to my left. Instead of employing common sense and using the other mag in my pouch, I hopped to the side with my gun pointed down range, picked the magazine up, reloaded and went rapid fire with the results you can imagine.

Now the Glock 19, I shoot left. Which is frustrating, because in theory the Glock 19 should be the perfect gun for me, especially now that we have the gadget.
    "In theory there's no difference between theory and practice...in practice there is."

Since the same installer put the HDs on the new G17 I have tried to figure if it was purely luck of the draw, the longer sight radius or the tighter (stacked) tolerances of the Gen4 G17 vs. my 20+ year old G19 and G26. Or perhaps it's just me. Somewhere within all that is the truth.

I guess it won't really matter if the drifted sights result in my putting my rounds where I want them but in a perfect world I'd want perfectly centered sights.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List